You Know....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Is it just me? .... or ever since there's been polling, this EYKIW forum has turned into a polling forum....

What ever happened to the great discussions about U2 and their ideas and their movements?

Now I hardly even stop and take a look here.... :/

But isn't there a separate 'poll' forum now? Almost at the top of the forum list there is 'In The Year Of Election', which is described as:
Everyone has their opinions.. and everyone has their questions. This is the place to ask for 'Feedback' and a place to let your opinion be heard... this is the POLL forum.

So can one of the moderators please move all these polls from EYKIW to ...Election, so that there is more room on this forum to discuss U2. Please?

C ya!

Marty

We are a curious bunch, us humans, but I agree with all of you that this forum is becoming too unendated with polls, and that there is a new forum for all of them. And you can email or PM one of the moderators of this forum if you have questions, or concerns.

Chris

martha said:
It's a new toy. We'll play with it nonstop for a while, and then it'll become just another thing in the toybox we take out now and then. So, meanwhile, start a great discussion.:wink:

That's just what I was going to say.

Popmartijn said:
So can one of the moderators please move all these polls from EYKIW to ...Election, so that there is more room on this forum to discuss U2. Please?

C ya!

Marty

We havent decided if we're keeping it or not, or if all polls should be in one forum. Personally I dont think its a very good idea, as polls for each forum are specific to each forum and if they're all in one place it could get boring and monotonous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a good thread is going to stick around and the "room" that the polls "take up" in this forum ceases to be an issue.

Personally, I like the polls because they allow you to ask a question and get qualitative and quantitative responses.

If people want to have good, non-poll conversations, start by asking some good, non-poll questions.

If you start an interesting or provocative thread, it'll rise to the top, poll or not.

Polls are cool...They seem to be generating discussion, which is good.

And hey! If you want more discussion, think up a thought-provoking thread idea and post it.

There's good conversation going on in a lot of the polls, I was surprised by how many interesting, valid points are being made in my overrated album poll (none by me, though).. it's all very interesting. A lot of the polls don't have as much meaty discussion (like my fav album poll), but I think that there's definately some that do and they shouldn't be lumped away in a poll forum.

Popmartijn said:
So can one of the moderators please move all these polls from EYKIW to ...Election, so that there is more room on this forum to discuss U2.

so you want mods to move EVERY poll everywhere to the poll thread? sure, they have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom