Ykyaau2fw...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klappie

The Fly
Not a big fan of these abbreviations that are so people amongst some of the people here (but hey, there are several threads about the already...)

But in this case it is quite handy, it stands for:"You Know You Are A U2 Fan When..."

It was a running thread on the very old Wire list in the late 90's, and I thought to bring it back to live on this board now, so tell us!
YKYAAU2FW: ...you're walking into music store, automatically checking the U2 albums though you have them all already, and/or are just curious who else might be lured to the display with "...Atomic bomb" CDs...

abbreviations are a huge pain in the ass.

you know you might be a u2 fan if you...spend your springbreak freshman year of college at home constructing a model of the popmart stage out of legos.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85383&highlight=lego+popmart

you know you're a u2 fan it...you spend your sophmore year winter break doing the same thing as you did freshman spring break, only this time around it's the elevation stage (pictures still to come).

lol yes abbreviations are a pain. I sat here reading this very board last night and had to think for 15 minutes what COBL was in reference to U2. After it dawned upon me that it stood for City of Blinding Lights I felt kind of dumb hehe

oh, that's what it stands for?

seriously, i think ABOY for all because of you pisses me off the most.

nothing against HMTMKMKM, WTSHNN, or ISHFWILF, though...those are long enough when you type just the abberviations...

IWasBored said:
abbreviations are a huge pain in the ass.

you know you might be a u2 fan if you...spend your springbreak freshman year of college at home constructing a model of the popmart stage out of legos.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85383&highlight=lego+popmart

you know you're a u2 fan it...you spend your sophmore year winter break doing the same thing as you did freshman spring break, only this time around it's the elevation stage (pictures still to come).

:ohmy:

that's impressive. a giant lego lemon, nice.

:laugh:

ok....so this thread isn't exactly turning out what it's supposed to be - hehe...

well, maybe we should move it then to the Testjes area...:wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
cheating is bad

unless you want to relieve stress by blasting all sorts of hellspawn to, uh, hell without getting killed yourself.

:yes: I still play the DOS Doom from a floppy disc! I can't get anywhere without those cheats.

I'm taking this thread and yanking it back on track, ya can't stop me!!...

Here goes:
You know you're a U2 fan when you spend all of your free time checking out websites written in languages you don't understand looking desperately for snippets of new songs recorded by Spaniards on a windy beach.

Anyone else playing?

IWasBored said:
oh, that's what it stands for?

seriously, i think ABOY for all because of you pisses me off the most.

nothing against HMTMKMKM, WTSHNN, or ISHFWILF, though...those are long enough when you type just the abberviations...
:angry: OOTS. That's the worst. Other than the fact that I actually think "Hut Dab" now. :angry:

:laugh: I can't believe you dug up that thread and I spent half of it whining about a typo.

Okay back on track...you know you're a U2 fan when you buy an imported magazine for $9 because there's a little, tiny picture of U2 on page 175 and a little snippet about what the album might sound like...even though the imported magazines are a month late and you've already heard the album anyway.

You hear Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and you think U2 are about to walk into the room.

Arrrr!! Those abbreviations piss me off, truthfully..i mean yeah, I understand its a pain to write out the full song title but c'mon..i've seriously stared at several abbreviations before and have been like "Ehhh?? what the *(@#?!?" hehhe
and I've been a U2 fan since '86 :eyebrow:
So on that note, my favorite songs are:
ISS, ITABTAW, SAG, LRM, CRYT, ATAP, ADWM & LWTSH :no: ;)

So ... I guess we can assume:

YKYAAU2FW: ...when a thread is started about "you know you are a U2 fan when.." and you get carried away about how much you dislike abbreviations of U2 songs :wink:

Back
Top Bottom