YES! I finally got my license..:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
Congratulations Baker6621!

By the way, here is something to think about next for your wheels...A U2 license plate from get this U2licenseplate.com, http://pages.towson.edu/romans/u2/plates.htm

Take care and be safe tonight...by the way, there are many stereos to choose from, but I learned long ago that it is better to have clarity then loudness, but you can't go wrong with U2 playing!

Chris

Hey Congratulations!!!! But a word of advice: Be extra careful when you are driving and listening to U2 at the same time!!! There have been many times when I'm so wrapped up in the music that I've gone thru stop signs, exceeded the speed limit, etc, etc.

Happy Driving!!!
smile.gif

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by baker6621:
Heyyyyyyyyyy! Man, what a day, I finally got my license. Just needed to say that
smile.gif
I'm so happy, obviously the first CD I put in was U2
smile.gif
, ATYCLB with my windows down and the sun shining...

What a great day. It's beautiful. Thanks to everyone here for keeping me happy - and making time fly. Gotta test out those U2 cd's while driving!

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone know of a good car audio system to get? Thanks.
Congratulations!!!
When I started driving I didn't play any music, I didn't want any distractions but now U2 is always blasting on my car stereo.
biggrin.gif

i got my first car from my parents over christmas and got an mp3-cd player installed. it's a kenwood deck.

it sounds great and 1 cd will have about 150 songs or so, as long as you have a burner.

i have 6 speakers and some sort of amp(i think the speakers are just whatever dodge put in), but it's a fairly small cabin and sounds incredible.

Start with a good head unit first. I like Kenwood, Pioneer, and Alpine the best. And of course upgrade the speakers, same brands I just listed, and maybe add Sony if you can afford a bit more. If you want more clarity and power, go for an amp. Personally I was never a fan of having a subwoofer in the car, unless you really need the bass.
www.crutchfield.com is the best site for car audio

------------------
Change is the only constant

I, on the other hand, would recommend that you DO get a sub after you've purchased the items above (head, speakers, amp). Even high quality speakers aren't designed to reproduce the thump of a bass drum, or even the low notes of a bass guitar. I'm very glad I bought my sub. It adds a lot.

As far as crutchfield goes, be forewarned that their prices are not the best. They're usually 10-20 bucks more than you can find on some shady internet dealer. That being said, you get what you pay for. Crutchfield has the BEST customer service anywhere. Free returns, no questions asked, fast shipping, SMART people on the help lines, etc. I've found that it's worth it to pay a bit more. I buy a lot of stuff through them.

later,
-MIke

Oh, and congrats on the license! I remember that day very well
wink.gif

-Mike

Well that is jolly good news.

But just an enquirey to anyone who might know - wouldn't a topic such as this be better posting in the Lemonade Stand?

We have a perfectly good Lemonade Stand, but I'm wondering if some people haven't noticed it yet. Its a great place for general dicussion and they have so many different types of lemonade to choose from... Sprite... 7UP... The tradional stuff...

Oooooo I'm thirsty... I must go get some Lemonade...

Heyyyyyyyyyy! Man, what a day, I finally got my license. Just needed to say that
smile.gif
I'm so happy, obviously the first CD I put in was U2
smile.gif
, ATYCLB with my windows down and the sun shining...

What a great day. It's beautiful. Thanks to everyone here for keeping me happy - and making time fly. Gotta test out those U2 cd's while driving!

Thanks!

hehe, thanks everyone. I will be blasting POP today
smile.gif

And thanks for help on the car audio systems! We need a subwoofer to hear adam
smile.gif
I'm going down to Circuit City today and looking at everything. I can't wait.

Thank you!
smile.gif

P.S. I won't drive like Bono..

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Holy moley... I've had my license for more years than you've been alive!

That's it Baker - CT just ain't big enough for both of us.
biggrin.gif

Congrats! And stop inadvertently reminding me of how old I am!
wink.gif
Thats right, we've got it all here: from kids to parents to GRANDPARENTS to dogs and peeing antelopes
biggrin.gif
Oh, lest I forget our juxtaposition assorted "Angels", complimented by "deathbears" and a bunch of Lemon types
wink.gif

Congratulations baker6621!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Holy moley... I've had my license for more years than you've been alive!

That's it Baker - CT just ain't big enough for both of us.
biggrin.gif

Congrats! And stop inadvertently reminding me of how old I am!
wink.gif

Hahhaha
smile.gif
Hey, we gotta do a little CT get together one day - maybe blast a few U2 videos, DVD's - it's all happening in CT!

What does 6621 stand for, just curious?? You can totally ignore this or make up something profound if you like
biggrin.gif

------------------
Throw me to the wolves because there's order in the pack..

Throw me to the SKY because I know I'm coming back?
~RHCP~

Originally posted by mad1:
I place $40,000 on Baker putting a No Fear on the back of his window.
I wager the same $$$ that you get hauled away in the paddywagon for being a bad girl
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom