Yay, a new fan..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
I was in my algebra class, and I sit near the TA's (seniors) who grade our papers and all that..so I look over to see if they had gotten to my paper yet, and I see the guy holding up the JT CD and saying "I have this CD, but I haven't listened to it yet..I wonder if they're good?" and the girl goes "I like the Elevation song, but otherwise they suck.." so I get mad and look away, and then I look back and the guy had put the CD in the CD player and was bopping his head with the music
biggrin.gif
A new fan, and I didn't even put any effort into it..
biggrin.gif

------------------
This device must accept any Interference received, including Interference that may cause undesired operation.

u2er@u2email.com

BOOOO to the person who said they suck (it was probably one of those people who thinks ATYCLB is their first album!) and YAY to the guy with the JT CD!!!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

It *really* irritates me when "they suck" is the only reason that they can give as to why they don't like a certain band.
mad.gif
This is my biggest pet peeve EVER! It's O.K. if they don't like U2, but to say that they don't like them just because "they suck" reflects pretty poorly on their level of intelligence.

I love it when people think Elevation was on JT, actually I have never heard anyone think that. She probably likes britany and justin.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
some people don't like U2.

others do.

Well, OF COURSE, but simply saying "they suck," imho, is hardly a valid reason for disliking them. Not only that, but it makes the person saying it sound like an idiot. Now, if they said, "It's not my preferred type of music," or something to that effect, at least their statement would have credibility!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
Well, OF COURSE, but simply saying "they suck," imho, is hardly a valid reason for disliking them. Not only that, but it makes the person saying it sound like an idiot. Now, if they said, "It's not my preferred type of music," or something to that effect, at least their statement would have credibility!

that's a common response to many things in society though.

do you like hawaian pizza? NO it sucks.
did you like tomb raider? NO it sucked.
it's not at all limited to just U2. and not everyone, not even many, are gonna see any need to pay U2 any higher respect by qualifying their statement.

I kinda see what you mean, kobayashi. But it still bugs me when people can't say WHY they don't like a certain group (or movie, book, etc.) other than "they suck." This goes for U2 as well as groups from Creed to NSync.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
that's a common response to many things in society though.

do you like hawaian pizza? NO it sucks.
did you like tomb raider? NO it sucked.
it's not at all limited to just U2. and not everyone, not even many, are gonna see any need to pay U2 any higher respect by qualifying their statement.

Actually, tomb raider sucked!
I don't find a better statement
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Back
Top Bottom