YAHWEH is new concert closer!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Instead of using ONE or WALK ON to close the shows why not use YAHWEH a solid song with the same effect as WALK ON which I'm sure they are tempted to use as a closer.

So.

City of Blinding Lights as OPENER with long new intro to fit into the show. Kind of like when they used to open the shows during the JT tour with streets.

and Yahweh as CLOSER.

Later. Paul.

Yahweh might be a decent closer but it doesn't have that punch that it should.

My nomination is Crumbs From Your Table.

Oh, and I can promise you right now COBL won't be the opener. It might close the first set, though.

It'll be Vertigo.

DAMN, I knew you were going to say that Vertigo was the Opener. I just think that Openers should not have the hit song played.

ZOO TV-Zoo station
POPMART-MOFO

not their big hits, but great as openers.

I say no for Yahweh as a closer. I feel like a live 3 pc version will sound really weak compared to the album version (and I don't think backing tracks and sequencers will help). One of the main reasons is full sound/ wall of sound that song has going for it. All the guitar bits and junk. I don't want a weakened version of the song.

How about opening with one of 5 or 6 different songs and closing with one of 3 or 4 different songs??? They really need to break out of the 'cookie cutter' setlists they have gotten themselves into. Mixing it up keeps the shows fresh everynight, no?

DaveC said:
My nomination is Crumbs From Your Table.

Oh, and I can promise you right now COBL won't be the opener. It might close the first set, though.

It'll be Vertigo.

:up:
I think love and peace can also open, but it will most likely be Vertigo...But thats for U2 to decide! :)

bono_man2002 said:

:up:
I think love and peace can also open, but it will most likely be Vertigo...But thats for U2 to decide! :)

I was thinking the same!! it would be so cool for love and peace or else to be the opener imagine this long intro, getting the crowd really excited and suddenly Bono appears singing "lay down!!" that would be really cool.

For some reason, I keep thinking we might go back to 40 as the closer.

Mofo said:

I was thinking the same!! it would be so cool for love and peace or else to be the opener imagine this long intro, getting the crowd really excited and suddenly Bono appears singing "lay down!!" that would be really cool.

:drool:

I think there is a good chance Yahweh will be the new u2 concert closer in the spirit of Walk on and 40 being a midtempo spiritually based song. I'd love to see this song extended and maybe the crowd singing along to the "your love is like a drop in the ocean" part.

I honestly cannot see Yahweh as a closer. It's the last line that does it for me. It's not the note on which I imagine U2 wish to close. I feel it would be more appropriate to be the second- or third-last song. Yahweh --> 40 would be outstanding.

I think LAPOE would be a great opener, but they will probably chose Vertigo.

COBL would fit as closer very well, because there seems to be a feeling of joy in it. I compare it to Walk On.

LAPOE has to be the opener, then go into "Vertigo". The intro to LAPOE has opener written all over over. Lights down, Larry's snare comes in, Bono sings (spotlight on him only), then full band kicks in with the stage lights coming on.

zoopop said:
LAPOE has to be the opener, then go into "Vertigo". The intro to LAPOE has opener written all over over. Lights down, Larry's snare comes in, Bono sings (spotlight on him only), then full band kicks in with the stage lights coming on.

Exactly what i was thinking. Straight into Vetigo followed bij Beautiful Day, and the crowd goes wild.

I think Original of Species would be a cool main set ender, and Crumbs would be an outstanding show closer.

Walk On was such a great show closer, though, I'm almost tempted to say some combo of Crumbs and Walk On would be cool...hmmm......

I'd go with Yahweh as a closer -- end the show with a prayer for U2 and all the people in the house. Yeah ....

Also, LAPOE would be my choice for an opener.

Mofo said:

Wow, I hadn't given LAPOE much thought as an opener. But you're right, that would be cool.

Please don't let Yahweh be the closer. Please.
(come think of it, Please should be the closer)
Anyway, I don't see any song from the new album suitable for a closer.
Choose an old one, boys:wink:

snutes1 said:
Instead of using ONE or WALK ON to close the shows why not use YAHWEH a solid song with the same effect as WALK ON which I'm sure they are tempted to use as a closer.

So.

City of Blinding Lights as OPENER with long new intro to fit into the show. Kind of like when they used to open the shows during the JT tour with streets.

and Yahweh as CLOSER.

Later. Paul.

i totally agree with you i already said it here before http://forum.interference.com/t103051.html Blinding Lights an opener is true the tour of blinding lights or blinding lights 2005 it works, plys cobl has the long intro like streets (joshua tree tour intro)

swandiver said:
I'd go with Yahweh as a closer -- end the show with a prayer for U2 and all the people in the house. Yeah ....

Also, LAPOE would be my choice for an opener.

although lapoe had the intro to the dvd...its a tough one cant wait to see

Yahweh would be a fantastic song to close off with and maybe it could fade into 40.

That'd be a dream come true.

I think LAPOE would be cool, but if it's Vertigo then I would suspect that they'll use a taped intro from the remix like they did with Elevation.

I think that LaPoE will open with an extremely long intro. Then Vertigo. Then Beautiful Day. Then Miracle Drug...

Yaweh will close the first set.
SYCMIOYO will end the first encore set.
CFYT will end all.

Back
Top Bottom