Yahweh (Alternate)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
HOLY HELL!!!

Just from hearing the 30 second clip of this song, I must say that this is what I had envisioned Yahweh to sound like. This clip is so incredible I don't have words to describe my reaction to it. All I can say is that on the tour I have almost no doubt that this version will be played, likely as the last or second last song of the setlist. I cannot believe that they scrapped this version.:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Personally, I found the alternate version of Yahweh (the whole thing) to be rather bland and not nearly as good as the version on the CD ...

True, after hearing the whole thing it seems like that. But there is more to it than you might think. It's not as 'muddy' as the album version. I think on the whole alternate version some of the bass was lost, but if it was ever officially released I'm sure you'd get all the bass. Remember when Edge was talking about how great the bass is on Yahweh? I think he was thinking about this version.

so when are these new tracks from Itunes going to be available for non buyers to download? isn't anyone going to help out your fellow u2 lovers and make just the new stuff available? come on

Amen, Yahweh (alt) is more interesting. The album version is more like the Bon Jovi mix to me. I also found Xanax and Wine to be much better than Fast Cars. Native Son is interesting, but I can understand why U2 went with the pumped up, more commercial Vertigo.

These tracks are in The Complete U2 set from itunes... I wish they were with the limited edition! :)

Even the alternate versions of ABOY, and Sometimes You Can't Make it are pretty good. For some reason I thought by alternate they meant something really subtle, like that the song was mixed differently. But there are some pretty big changes, like different structure, melodies, etc.

Back
Top Bottom