wtf??? now they changed lyrics in "Mysterious Ways"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
this according to U2log:

She's the wave / She turns the tide /
She sees the man inside the child

has been changed to,

She's the wave / She turns the tide/
And no question, she knows why

crap crap crap :down:

songs that aren't from the 90s... revising old tunes... remixes instead of b-sides... altering lyrics... what a cluster fuck this is :angry:

Ok...all I can ever remember hearing from you is bitch, bitch, bitch about this and that. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! WE DON'T CARE! If you don't like the things they do then go find yourself another band, but while you're here spare us the horseshit.

This is what I have to say to you: :madspit:

There ya go.

The Wanderer said:

songs that aren't from the 90s... revising old tunes... remixes instead of b-sides... altering lyrics... what a cluster fuck this is :angry:

I gotta go with ya here, Wanderer. I don't like the way this is working out, either. I'l buy it the day it comes out, but I'm not as excited about it as the previous best of.

And pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I've been on the receiving end of his name-calling, too. Ignore him.

Re: Re: wtf??? now they changed lyrics in "Mysterious Ways"

martha said:

And pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I've been on the receiving end of his name-calling, too. Ignore him.

I presume you're talking about me.

When did I ever do anything to you? :scratch:

DaveC said:
Ok...all I can ever remember hearing from you is bitch, bitch, bitch about this and that. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! WE DON'T CARE! If you don't like the things they do then go find yourself another band, but while you're here spare us the horseshit.

This is what I have to say to you: :madspit:

There ya go.

:sigh: I'm tired of this bullshit too. I tried to say this in the hang it up thread and got bashed.
Take my hand- we'll stand together when all the ones who come to defend the bitchers' 'rights.' This is getting really old. I sometimes wonder if I'm on a u2 message board? :confused: :rolleyes:

This is news, and it should be reported, but maybe not in such a negative way? Ah, never mind.

The Wanderer said:
this according to U2log:

has been changed to,

I dunno, that's a pretty memorable bit of the song they are messing with there, I doubt this will happen. If it does, it definitely adds to the stinky poo of best of though, still gonna buy it though:wink:

U2 suckers ahoy!

Bonofire said:

:sigh: I'm tired of this bullshit too. I tried to say this in the hang it up thread and got bashed.
Take my hand- we'll stand together when all the ones who come to defend the bitchers' 'rights.' This is getting really old. I sometimes wonder if I'm on a u2 message board? :confused: :rolleyes:

This is news, and it should be reported, but maybe not in such a negative way? Ah, never mind.

I agree 100%. I'm just pissed at all the people who say they are U2 fans and then every time U2 does something different or something that doesn't suit THEM (even though most of the general populace may be OK with it), they bitch and moan to no end. Come on guys, if you really love the band like you claim to, support them when they release something new or do someting different fom the way they may normally do things. Don't whine about it. It's not like you can do anything about it anyways.

DaveC said:

I agree 100%. I'm just pissed at all the people who say they are U2 fans and then every time U2 does something different or something that doesn't suit THEM (even though most of the general populace may be OK with it), they bitch and moan to no end. Come on guys, if you really love the band like you claim to, support them when they release something new or do someting different fom the way they may normally do things. Don't whine about it. It's not like you can do anything about it anyways.
Ever hear of a little thing called an OPINION?!?!:eyebrow:
I love U2, but fuck it, what an exciting place this'd be if we all became sheep and accepted and welcomed every new thing U2 did. U2 encourage freedom of mind and speech, unfortunately they also account for a severely large and freakish fanbase that in some parts approach sheep handling.........

Re: Re: Re: wtf??? now they changed lyrics in "Mysterious Ways"

DaveC said:

I presume you're talking about me.

When did I ever do anything to you? :scratch:

Sorry, I mistook you for someone else who swore furiously at me once when I said Led Zeppelin sucked. My bad.

Edit:typo

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: wtf??? now they changed lyrics in "Mysterious Ways"

martha said:

Sorry, I mistook you for someone else who swore furiously at me once when I said Led Zeppelin sucked. My bad.

No big deal.

Had me wondering though...hahah :p

You know, Dave C. and Bonofire are right. Every single thing U2 does is perfect, and we should all like every single song, album, and note they ever play or release. No more criticism, opinions, disagreements, or questions. After all, we are U2 fans, not individuals with tastes, thoughts, and likings of our own.

And these posters should call us names and question our devotion to the band if we waver in any way at all.

Thanks, guys, for keeping us in line. There are others like you out there; don't feel like you're alone in your little line.

martha said:
You know, Dave C. and Bonofire are right. Every single thing U2 does is perfect, and we should all like every single song, album, and note they ever play or release. No more criticism, opinions, disagreements, or questions. After all, we are U2 fans, not individuals with tastes, thoughts, and likings of our own.

And these posters should call us names and question our devotion to the band if we waver in any way at all.

Thanks, guys, for keeping us in line. There are others like you out there; don't feel like you're alone in your little line.

Sarcasm not appreciated.

Oh, and by the way...you're welcome. :wink:

dave c, you will be the butt end of all my statements along with u2er, samantha puff and others.

but seriously, is this a joke?

The Wanderer said:
this according to U2log:

has been changed to,

crap crap crap :down:

I can see your point, but it's not really a big deal. Just listen to Achtung Baby for the original version. I'm glad for all the remixes & alterations, at least it is something different for fans who have all of the 90's albums. I wouldn't be surprised if there are single edits on the BO as well (Stuck & Miss Sarajevo possibly) so brace yourself...

I think we have the right to bitch because, um, the Best Of is really sucking right now.

But why is this Best Of disappointing more than the last one? Feck sake, we are getting 2 pretty cool new songs compared to THE SWEETEST THING! And what, 4 remixes? Not bad! And the b-sides, and the free DVD, I think they're doing a better effort at this one. They had to.

lazyboy said:
But why is this Best Of disappointing more than the last one? Feck sake, we are getting 2 pretty cool new songs compared to THE SWEETEST THING! And what, 4 remixes? Not bad! And the b-sides, and the free DVD, I think they're doing a better effort at this one. They had to.

Hear, hear.

:yes:

Oh please you guys...Like Wanderer has a legitimate opinion about ANYTHING - he doesn't like the new Coldplay for crying out loud! ;)

No, but seriously I don't know what exactly is going on with the "Best of" cd that is warranting so many negative posts (haven't been here much) but really, is there anything wrong with mixing things up a bit and giving us diehard fans something new to look forward to??

If I was just a casual fan who didn't possess a U2 album then I *may* have reason to be pissed off because I'm not getting the songs I bargained for. But for all of us who already have the original songs, what's wrong with hearing different versions of a song?
If we don't like it - we can just pop in the original...the casual fan may not have that option...

Seriously now folks...

You people really suck

Yes that means you. :wave:

When U2 play it straight you whine. Remember the complaints about the 80's best of?

Now U2 mix it up just a little bit and we get more sniveling. It's not like everyone on this board doesn't already own all the albums and b-sides anyway. I think it's exciting that we get two brand new tracks and some new remixes. I loved the original version of Discotheque but I'm also jonesed about the new mix. I'm not that fond of the new SATS mix but then WHO CARES? It's something new which can't be bad. If I want to hear the original version I can just play the Pop album. Something I'm already doing a lot of anyway. I haven't heard the new Mysterious Ways but I'm looking forward to it. I look at it this way--I loved the "Have you come here to play Jesus to the Lepers in your head" line from One. But I didn't complain when Bono changed the line live. In fact I ended up liking the "I Did" line better. Give it a chance.

MAP

p.s.-somebody else hates Led Zep? I'm not alone? Sniff.

DaveC said:

Thank you! If they don't like U2 anymore and moan about everything they do, maybe this isn't the band for them anymore and they should go find a new band to like that they 'approve' of and move to their message board! That's what I'm trying to say! If all they're going to do is bitch why stick around? All the whining is getting so old!

DaveC said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! WE DON'T CARE! If you don't like the things they do then go find yourself another band
there's this thing called tact, and maturity. use it. i didn't see a single thing wrong with the wanderer's original post. yep, he's criticizing. yep, this board is a bit too negative right now. but it doesn't give you any right to start attacking people rudely.

and oh yes, the whole "if you don't like every note, you're not a real fan" argument. :rolleyes:

I could care less about a couple of word changes in MW but, the new mixes I've heard so far are another story. Plus I'm dreading hearing the new Miss Sarajevo with 90 seconds missing.

It's kind of a bummer that the lyrics were changed...I'll sing it wrong everytime I sing along with it. *lol* :D It's cool to hear different things though.

Also...I don't think Wanderer's post warranted such a heated response, DaveC.

Bonochick said:

Also...I don't think Wanderer's post warranted such a heated response, DaveC.

Yes, I agree. I was angry at the time and lashed out, and I'm sorry, Wanderer. You didn't deserve that and you have a right to your own opinion. However, I stand by pretty much everything else I said about how we should be supporting their attempts to give us die-hard fans something to look forward to. I, for one, am excited to shits about this!

As was said before: If you don't like the new mixes, pop in your original.

I don't think I'd mind changing the lyrics in principle, for some of the more lyrically challenged songs.

However, these ones are utter crap.

I guess I look at it this way - some lyrics have been changed, some songs reworked - U2 might have feared that the die-hards might not buy it bc they assume we already have every record they've put out - so they mix it up a bit, get people curious and what do you know - more sales. More money.

Off of that, and onto this -
I don't think anyone around here should tell someone they don't know what it means to be a fan. I don't own every U2 record/single/DVD, but I love this band, and at the end of the day, what I do or do not own or think about everything U2 has done doesn't matter.

HelloAngel said:
I guess I look at it this way - some lyrics have been changed, some songs reworked - U2 might have feared that the die-hards might not buy it bc they assume we already have every record they've put out
good point. i never thought of it that way, actually.

Back
Top Bottom