WTF? "Majority not happy with deluxe version of HTDAAB"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicLemon

War Child
11/19/04 The Deluxe version, gimme my money back

The deluxe version (cd + dvd + booklet) is out (of mind!!)

The majority of u2 fans are not happy with this version! Expensive (from 26 to 36 euros) and why is not good?

It has no lyrics! (unbelievable, they are available only in this U2.com secret page)

it has no cover (where is this picture?)

It has a book of fairy tales (nosense painting and photos)

it has no Mercy also if this one is included in the booklet as part of the album.

Where is the cd's custody?

We agree that the most important thing is the cd's content (the music), but ehi if i pay a lot for a "should be a Collector version" i'd like to get a nice package, but this one sucks, a lot! If you're disappointed too write a "complaint" email to info@numb.ie

If you're still deciding on which version to buy, try to get the normal edition! Sorry for this story, but this deluxe edition is not a Collector item!

http://www.u2star.com/news/

That is officially the stupidest thing I have read all day. The majority of U2 fans don't even have the bloody thing yet.

Axver said:
That is officially the stupidest thing I have read all day. The majority of U2 fans don't even have the bloody thing yet.

but he's right: no question about it...and why "stupid"? this is a legit warning: if you buy the collector edition you won't have the booklet.

no booklet and no cd case after spending 32€ is disappointing. I've bought the collector edition yesterday and now to have a booklet i'll have to buy the regular edition

Because I'm bored, I'm going to reply to all of it ...

It has no lyrics! (unbelievable, they are available only in this U2.com secret page)

Oh dear, boohoo, GET OVER IT. Listen to the lyrics yourself or hop onto U2Wander.org. This isn't even an issue.

it has no cover (where is this picture?)

So what? It's a special edition, it has special packaging. You don't NEED the picture, and a lot of people here (myself included) are not so keen on the cover so we probably don't even WANT it.

It has a book of fairy tales (nosense painting and photos)

Alright, I've only looked at a few of the pages scanned online because I want to read it once my preordered copy arrives in the mail, but from what I've seen, that's total crap. Do I sense someone's missed the point?

it has no Mercy also if this one is included in the booklet as part of the album.

Uh ... wording has lost me here.

Where is the cd's custody?

What, they give you the CD in the shop and you have to walk home with it on your index finger? Be serious here. The special edition comes with packaging and the CD is in here. THAT is its packaging.

this one sucks, a lot!

Yeah, in the opinion of the author, NOT the majority of U2 fans who, as I just said, DON'T HAVE THE BLOODY THING YET.

The sad part is that some poor person will probably take this article seriously and not buy what looks to be a perfectly good special edition.

Last edited:
Dima said:
this is a legit warning: if you buy the collector edition you won't have the booklet.

And this is an important issue ... why? You have a CD, a DVD, and a book. What more do you want?

no cd case

It comes in packaging, doesn't it? THAT is its case.

If im being totally honest, I was dissapointed with the first glance through the book. But after thinking again, I really dont care that much anyway! The fact that it has the cd and dvd is good enough for me, but the things inside the book, I was led to understand has been done my Bono or other members of the band? That's true isnt it? :eyebrow:
Im sure it is...there's a R.I.P BOB bit on one of the pages, so I assume it was done by Bono/The band.
And that ALONE would sell it to me!

I dont really understand the American Dollar compared to the Pound, but from all the prices ive read from the Americans on this board, it seem quite expensive?
It cost me £11.99 here in the UK....:eyebrow:

Aardvark: 11.99!!! Wow, that's a good price... Maybe it's cheaper for me to fly over to the UK on an easyjet plane and get it there! :wink:

GBP 11.99 is about 18 euros. So, over here it apparently (I haven't got it yet) costs between 26 and 36 euros.

Axver said:

And this is an important issue ... why? You have a CD, a DVD, and a book. What more do you want?

a booklet with lyrics...am i asking too much for 32€?

It comes in packaging, doesn't it? THAT is its case.

try not to scratch the cd with that pseudo-case and then come back here to post your experience...

i think that a lot of fans will be a bit disappointed with the Collector box...and i don't think that adding 2 pages with the lyrics to the book would have been that difficult

Dima said:

a booklet with lyrics...am i asking too much for 32€?

try not to scratch the cd with that pseudo-case and then come back here to post your experience...

i think that a lot of fans will be a bit disappointed with the Collector box...and i don't think that adding 2 pages with the lyrics to the book would have been that difficult

I can understand your point totally. Speaking for me personally tho, after waiting so long for this album, and listening to how great it is, I havent got a problem with paying an extra £10 or whatever to get the std album aswell.
I imagine many others on here will probably be doing that too.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Aardvark: 11.99!!! Wow, that's a good price... Maybe it's cheaper for me to fly over to the UK on an easyjet plane and get it there! :wink:

Ha! Yeah I know, I thought it was pretty good. I ordered it from some online store, it must have been literally a minute or so after they advertised it on their site, about 2 months ago or something. Then later that day, the price changed up to £18.99, but because i'd already ordered it at the cheaper price, I still got it for that! Pretty cool I thought!
:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

I can understand your point totally. Speaking for me personally tho, after waiting so long for this album, and listening to how great it is, I havent got a problem with paying an extra £10 or whatever to get the std album aswell.
I imagine many others on here will probably be doing that too.

at least someone understand my point of view! :)

the album is GREAT (so it deserves my money, no question about it ok? ;) ) and i'll actually buy the CD+DVD version (with std Jewel case and booklet...and Fast Cars) from an UK store next month as i usually try to buy everithing U2 related but this doesn't erase the fact that with just a little effort the collector edition could have been truly perfect (just add 2 pages to the Book containing lyrics and replace the pseudo-hard-paper-case with a single's slim box...i wasn't asking too much,was I ?).

Last edited:
I got pre-ordered it online a month or two ago for £11.99 too and got it in the post this afternoon.
But I would have been perfectly happy to pay the higher price that a lot of people seem to have been paying.

The album is awesome (but then, I already knew that)
The DVD is awesome
The book is awesome

Love it, love it, love it :drool:

I am no longer going to buy the collector's edition. The cd/dvd edition is probably cheaper, it has the official cover (which you just gotta have), it has the official lyrics and liner notes (which you gotta have), and it still had the dvd. Judging by what the content of the book seems to be, I don't think I want a book of Bono's pictures and what not.

Sorry, but this collectors edition just might be another ploy to get you to spend more money. They want you to buy the normal and the collectors.

Yeah, I also didn´t like the book, sadly it is the only way I can get Fast Cars.

Oh. And I'm not crazy about the Fast Cars mp3 either. NOT ENOUGH BASS. And you can tell Bono came up with that unimaginative verse style in, say, 10 minutes.

Aardvark747 said:
If im being totally honest, I was dissapointed with the first glance through the book. But after thinking again, I really dont care that much anyway! The fact that it has the cd and dvd is good enough for me, but the things inside the book, I was led to understand has been done my Bono or other members of the band? That's true isnt it? :eyebrow:
Im sure it is...there's a R.I.P BOB bit on one of the pages, so I assume it was done by Bono/The band.
And that ALONE would sell it to me!

I dont really understand the American Dollar compared to the Pound, but from all the prices ive read from the Americans on this board, it seem quite expensive?
It cost me £11.99 here in the UK....:eyebrow:

wow, where did you get it for £11.99?

I just got my Limited edition! A store in Amsterdam is already selling it even though it's not officially out until Monday. Very happy with it! And it was worth the 29 euros I paid for it (even though now I've only got 25 euros left for food until Friday when my wages come in again...).

I'm sure I'll survive! Got the album, dvd and book now. That's enough to make it through the week! :wink:

And the BBC is showing a Band Aid special tonight I just saw in the tv-listings. I'll manage...

Well I got it today and it was only £11.99 for me, and I'm impressed with it. Sure it ain't perfect but I am glad I bought it. Lux very cool to me and I like how it is different. Obviously the album is awesome which is the main thing.

I'll just get the normal CD in the future to get the cover/lyrics and to put in my CD Rack.

Vertigo Fly: the same here! I'm getting the normal cd (once I get some money again!) for the lyrics/cover/booklet. I love the special edition...

am I the only one who ordered weeks ago online and din't get it in the post today! Virgin better deliver! (they don't even have order tracking on their site! grrrr!)

Back
Top Bottom