Writing a 4500 word long essay on Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Well, I'm currently writing my Senior Thesis right now on the aspects of Bono's activism. I need a break so I figured I would take 10 minutes to come on here for a while.

Well, I'm only working on the first draft right now, but in a couple weeks when my final draft is complete and has been graded, I'd like to post it here on Interference if you all would like to read it.

My thesis is (Still in rought draft phase ;) ): Bono’s work for the African continent starting in 1998 marked a significant switch from musically-driven activism to a more direct political role in his causes and made him the world’s most successful Rock N’ Roll activist.

In the paper I focus on Bono's pre-African Campaign activism and how it affected U2's music. Then I focus on his Campaign for Africa, how it affected the band's music, and how Bono's change into a more direct political role led to him becoming what I feel as the world's greatest musician-turned-activist.

So please, let me know if there would be enough interest here in reading it when it's complete. It's still a few weeks off though, so don't get too excited yet. ;)

-Lance

I like your thesis statement. I mean, it needs some final tweaking (which will be easier once the paper is complete), but you've got all the important elements there: it's the right length, it's simple, yet it makes a claim/something you and prove and argue in the body of the paper.

Back
Top Bottom