wow! U2 hiphop album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acrobatphoto

Babyface
AP article today on Bono's red campaign launch...he says the next album will be experimenting with hip hop, and working with people like kanye west...I likey! but he also says theres no rush as they don't need the cash...

...and that my friends represents just one more reason for me to become more distant from this band...

-I hope all is well with everyone - it has been a while, no?

snoopdogg.jpg

....and :wave: ouizy

i still cannot see a quote where he says "were going to make hip hop" i see him talking about the innovation in the studios the experimentation, which most people on this forum have been craving for it seems

but as i said please shoe me the quote where he says "were making a new hip hop album", once again it seems a story is getting misunderstood

"I happen to be in really a truly great band, and experimentation has been the lifeblood of this band," he said. "We of course will look and are looking across at hip hop and see the amazing innovation in the studio...

"I don't know where we're going to go with all our new information and all our new friends ... but it will be somewhere very special or you won't hear about it, because there's no reason for you to put out an album now unless its very special."

"You know," he explained, "we don't need the cash."

True. The title of this thread is manipulation at its very worst :down:

Now, getting serious..........., how would U2 make a hip hop album, it's clear Bono is just talking about various influences..........................haven't they already experimented hip hop?...............Remember POP?

Remember that Achtung Baby was also "influenced" by hip-hop, as stated by at least Bono, Adam & Edge on many occasions.

Nowhere in the article does it say anything about making hip-hop, nor anything about working with Kanye or anyone else. All conclusions about that were wrongfully made by the reporter and the opening post. :down:

I wouldn't want to see a U2 hip-hop album, nor do I think that it would ever, ever happen (can you really see Edge or Larry ok-ing that??). However, to be influenced by hip-hop--in the sense that Mysterious Ways was influenced by it---that'd be okay with me.

babyman said:
Now, getting serious..........., how would U2 make a hip hop album, it's clear Bono is just talking about various influences..........................haven't they already experimented hip hop?...............Remember POP?

Good point. He talked about hip-hop influences back then, too.

U2Man said:
"We of course will look and are looking across at hip hop and see the amazing innovation in the studio...

I take that to mean they're more interested in looking at the studio innovation going on in hip hop.

Anyone ever heard "I'm not Your Baby"- some song with Bono and Sinead O'Connor. It's got a cool hip hop groove. Great song that got away. I'm all for U2 experimenting. Hip Hop, Techno, Metal, Classical, Jazz, Country, Opera, Punk, Polka....ok maybe not Country.

U2Man said:
"I happen to be in really a truly great band, and experimentation has been the lifeblood of this band," he said. "We of course will look and are looking across at hip hop and see the amazing innovation in the studio...

"I don't know where we're going to go with all our new information and all our new friends ... but it will be somewhere very special or you won't hear about it, because there's no reason for you to put out an album now unless its very special."

"You know," he explained, "we don't need the cash."

True. The title of this thread is manipulation at its very worst :down:
but where does he say they are making a hip hop album?

it's not like their going to be doing duets with Snoop Dogg now.

Now they should definetly get Rubin :drool:

Of course, it's not like any of this is going to happen...

"You know," he explained, "we don't need the cash."....uh ya, 2008 at the earliest.

I think it would be cool if Kayne West sat in and put his 2c on some sessions. Anyone heard of a band called My Morning Jacket?? Opening track off their new album, Z, is a rock band using hip-hop influences. Song is called "Wordless Chorus". If U2 came back w/ a sound like that :ohmy:

RademR said:
it's not like their going to be doing duets with Snoop Dogg now.

Now they should definetly get Rubin :drool:

Of course, it's not like any of this is going to happen...

"You know," he explained, "we don't need the cash."....uh ya, 2008 at the earliest.

Based on their cash flow, 2028 earliest. :wink:

Yeah and HTDAAB was to be a punk album.

Maybe they'll do a Passengers 2 as a side project with Kayne and MJB and others; and I'll avoid that one as fiercely as I avoid the first one; but I doubt they would risk going out with a wimper by having Bono rapping.

Oh, and maybe someone knows the quote, but didn't bono say that fusing rock and rap almost caused the death of rock music?

funny, first time when i ve heard vertigo i thought, for Godsake Bono is rapping:wink:

Back in the Zooropa days, Bono used to say he felt more in line with hip hop rather than rock, for rock was so boring and stale then.

Back
Top Bottom