Wow Mofo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I recently have just begun to appreciate Mofo it realy is awsome great energy great druming sounds like a drum machine but no its larry. Just a powerhouse of a song realy deserves more reconition for how groundbreaking it was and yet at the hear it was still U2

check this clip I am obsessed with it
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFf8JSzKMlc

This preformce kicks ass so much energy I had never seen this clip before. Even though its Pop era Bono actuly sounds good and just watch larry play on the song he is realy going crazy.

ok that drumming is scary good...it really does sound non human hahahaha..yes larry is that good...

Tangent:

See this is what amazes me about him!...he's such a solid drummer...I saw this during vertigo tour....I'm listening to the performance and I forget that it's actually a human being behind those drums keeping that perfect time...

Bono and Edge said in the off the record interview on HBO 2006 that Larry is more accurate than a drum machine hahaha

great video/performance, thanks for that! :D

it is an awesome performance... i think U2's best on TV. the crowd go nuts.. everything after this song which was the opening number pailed into insignificance.

Wow, my favourite live version of MOFO, better than all Popmart reeditions in my opinion, faster, with more energy...

Mofo on the album is OK, but it can't touch its live version. One of the better live things U2 has ever done, and that's saying something.

Bloody hell, that was amazing. Probably the one of the tightest and most on-form performances I've seen from U2, let alone of Mofo... Everyone's doing really well on that performance, especially Larry.

does anyone know if there is an Mp3 of this Mtv preformance out there it is insane. I feel a little robbed the preformance of live from mexico is not nearly as good

This is definitely U2's best ever performance at an awards show!
Mofo is out of this world, one of their best ever songs.

I think I've said before that one of the things that could have given Pop and Popmart a better chance would have been to take the more humble ATYCLB approach to launching the album, and getting the songs out there initially. If they'd taken the Pop songs to a few club/theatre gigs in a few cities before launching the big tour.... given those songs a chance to shine on their own. Mofo in a stadium is great, but Mofo in a small room is absolutely blistering.

Man, talk about performing at epic proportions. :drool:

I loooove the way it breaks down at about 2:10. That is how you groove, ladies and gents. :up:

I agree with it being ahead of its time. It still impresses the hell out of me everytime I hear it.

Larry's drumming is god like!

zoopop said:
Mofo would have destroyed arenas if played during the Vertigo Tour :drool:

sorry, do you mean it would have been great..or it would have sucked...I would think great hence the drool face but looking at the english alone I'm clueless

Yeah the drumming is amazing on that song but no one talks about that killer guitar riff in the chorus thats only on the album version. I just love that bit on Mofo live.

europop2005 said:
the riff??? how about the pose!!!!

I love when Edge poses during that sustained guitar effect. Like he's riding the wave of Mofo.

And Mofo destroying arenas is good thing :wink:

:drool: most bad-ass song they got!
Edge wasn't on fire, he was an aeroplane!
:lol:

but yea, hopefully after the one day rehearsal last tour they decide to work on it again and perform it next tour! :rockon:

yea, I can still hope right? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom