Wouldn't Metallica do an ass-kicking version of Pride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would Metallica do a great version of Pride?

• YES!! That would sound so cool!

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Um, I'm not sure. I'll go think about it some more.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No. No. No.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • No fucking way. You are on crack.

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
Kristie said:
maybe..
but I can't see the singer guy whose name I don't know singing "IN THE NAAAME OF LOVE"

:yes: :yes:

my thoughts exactly. James Hetfield is great at songs like Enter Sandman and One (the metallica song One, not the U2 one :wink: ) but when I try to picture him singing the chorus of Pride, my brain shuts down.

Lu
:wave:
PS I saw metallica live in 1995 and they rocked!

U2 and metallica are my favorite bands, and I think that James Hetfield would do pretty well singing pride, in a louder, heavier way. Of course, there is also a big chance of them screwing it up big time.

1. Metallica is poor at covers. (Remember Garage Inc.?)

2. U2 and Metallica are from total ends of the musical world. It just wouldn't fit together.

3. "Pride" could not be a metal tune. There's other U2 songs that could be, but definitely not that one.

So in the end, I voted for the fourth option.

Hmm I would like that U2 did a cover of nothing else matters hehe

BigMacPhisto said:
1. Metallica is poor at covers. (Remember Garage Inc.?)

I voted for the fourth option as well, but I wouldn't say that they're bad at covers. I thought their version of Turn the Page was pretty fucking great!

11 o'clock tick tock , this will rock with Metallica !
I love Garage Inc , it's not a bad cd , more like very good b-sides + favourite covers , i like that , any rock group should done stuff like that .

um... no. if someone's gonna do a good job with pride, they gotta have the pipes to do so. james just doesn't have the range. he's great at what he does, but i don't think there's too many u2 songs he could pull off, just like i couldn't hear bono giving enter sandman a go. bullet the blue sky would probably work for metallica... actually that might actually sound pretty damn cool. maybe acrobat, exit, darker stuff like that.

if you imagine metallica doing "bullet", then you realize what shitty band they actually are.

I think that's the worst idea ever. Metallica are okay, I just hate their whole attitude towards the Napster issue. Such babies they really are.

POD's cover of Bullet the Blue Sky is the best transformation of a U2 song into metal. Which makes sense, cause POD and U2 have a similar sound, technically speaking. If I get flamed for that statement, I'll explain more.

Back
Top Bottom