Wouldn't Bono and Edge do a bitchin' version of Cold Cold Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Cold Cold Night? or not?

• Yes. That would sound cool.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No. Wouldn't work.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Ok. Now you've gone too far with these song polls.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • : |

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I may be a bit perverse, but I think that the two of them would do a very sexy and great version of this song. With the lyrics unchanged and the song accompanied with only an electric guitar, similar to the White Stripes version.

Tip Top Prince said:
What stupid ass fag shit song would this be?

Whoa! Comments like that are not acceptable here! Please tone it down.

Anyway...

I LOVE that song. :drool:

Bono...Edge...White Stripes...oh my. I wouldn't mind hearing an attempt!

martha said:
I may be a bit perverse, but I think that the two of them would do a very sexy and great version of this song. With the lyrics unchanged and the song accompanied with only an electric guitar, similar to the White Stripes version.

i bet you thought this after listening to LAPOE...it's the same thing me and my friends thought yesterday evening during a "listening session"...well i do think it would be great! :)

I've never heard the song :reject: so I can't say. But the title of this thread got my interest, Bono and Edge on a cold cold night, sure sounds fine to me;)

How odd, I was just listening to the White Stripes' version when I found this thread!

Yes it would sound fucking great.

Re: Re: Wouldn't Bono and Edge do a bitchin' version of Cold Cold Night?

Dima said:

i bet you thought this after listening to LAPOE...it's the same thing me and my friends thought yesterday evening during a "listening session"...well i do think it would be great! :)

Actually, I've only heard LPorE from the Spanish clip. I haven't downloaded. I was listening to Elephant and my mind wandered.

Great thought, Martha! Would be a great cover, one of my favorite tunes off Elephant, next to Ball & Biscuit of course. This post actually made me stop listening to the new u2 album for one minute so I can hear the live version of B&b. :wink:

I'm a big fan of both bands and sorry I don't think it would be a good idea. I don't know maybe another White Stripes song a more rockier one (i.e. Offend In Every Way or The Big 3 Killed My Baby). But then again it would have to be Bono, Edge and Larry because it would kill the minimalistic appeal of The White Stripes songs.

Back
Top Bottom