Would you want Bono to write a song about you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you want Bono to write a song about you?

• Yes

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Think about it before you answer.

His lyrics can cut; even his love songs have a darker side. It's not all happiness and butterflies.

So, let's say for whatever reason, he knows you well enough to write a song about you. About you, not for you.

Do you want him to?

yes.
yes I would.

and it would be called "Jofo, you angry son of a bitch, have a drink on me."

or something like that.

Yep, it'd be hilarious.

The chorus:
Whyyyy doesn't he like Achtung Baaaaaby?
Because we didn't play Acrobat, maaaaybe?

:wink:

Axver said:
Yep, it'd be hilarious.

The chorus:
Whyyyy doesn't he like Achtung Baaaaaby?
Because we didn't play Acrobat, maaaaybe?

:wink:

:laugh: I feel a hit comin' up!

Of course I'd want Bono to write a song about me. That would be like the ultimate honor...to have a part of my life immortalized in a U2 song? Hell yes. Even if it's about the mistakes I've made. Even if it cuts right down the middle of me. Even if it's about the things I try not to think about.

Most likely though it would be about what a hardcore pirate I am and how he wishes I had been born earlier so he could be married to me :wink:

Oh, corianderstem! Corianderstem!
You felt so nice in my arms ...
But your CEO was watching, and I couldn't work my charms
Call me on my cell,
Ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhh!
Call me on my cell
Ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhh!

The number is 555-6792
555-6792!

i would have to say yes.

when someone writes something about (or for) another person, no matter how dark, it means that they were affected enough by the person to want to capture those feelings in words.

it's an honor, really, to be that important to someone, especially a writer.

That was a difficult one! I had almost clicked on No.......but then I changed my mind. Why not? Bono can write a song about me and even if he writes about that side of me I dont really like then.....I`ll accept it. Its who I am. And probably noone will know its about me so.....there`s nothing to lose, only to win.:wink:

Yeah, as long as he's not saying he wishes I were dead or something. I can't see U2 ever writing a song like that though, so go for it Bono!

Yes, I would. Even if it was dark and angsty, I would still know it was about me. That by itself would be an incredible honor.

corianderstem said:
Oh, corianderstem! Corianderstem!
You felt so nice in my arms ...
But your CEO was watching, and I couldn't work my charms
Call me on my cell,
Ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhh!
Call me on my cell
Ohhhh ohhhhh ohhhhhh!

The number is 555-6792
555-6792!

Why do I feel like I've heard that number before?????:wink:

Bono's already written a song about me, except he got his eye colours all wrong. :madspit:

Yea, it could go something like this:

Golightly Grrl
She's shorter than me
She's got red hair
She's shorter than me
She does yoga
She's shorter than me
She was mugged by some asshole
She's shorter than me
She has blue eyes
She's shorter than me
She loves cats
She's shorter than me
She flings the snark at Interference
She's shorter than me

martha said:
Think about it before you answer.

His lyrics can cut; even his love songs have a darker side. It's not all happiness and butterflies.

So, let's say for whatever reason, he knows you well enough to write a song about you. About you, not for you.

Do you want him to?

hell yes! if that means bono even knows i exist, then yes! even if it's dark...as long as he's not talking crap about me. hahaha. besides, i think i like the darker songs...they are more appealing and powerful to me.

lately i feel like acrobat could be a song about me. if he would write a song like that about me, then YES.

He already wrote a song about me, his biggest fan........it's called "All Because Of You".....

I answered yes - mainly because I always find it interesting to know what other people really think of me. I mean, I know how I think people feel about me, but sometimes that's a lonnnnng way from the full truth! :ohmy:

(Besides, how F*CKIN' cool would it be to say, "Hey! Bono wrote that song about me!" ????? :D )

he would probably call it Mysterious ways.........oh wait, that one's already taken.....damn :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom