Would you travel to Australia to see U2?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is only a 15 hour direct flight from LA to Melbourne
biggrin.gif
but it is a 23 hour flight to london, where you need to stopover for some shopping in southeast asia.

And if anyone comes to Melbourne, I'm your man. I'll take you on a U2 tour - including the bay, down to the espy, watch the roos demolish the crows at the MCG (also zoomerang tour stadium), followed by beers at the standard in fitzroy, tram to Rod Laver Arena for the show and back to the Dan O'Connell in Carlton. U2 played a secret gig there in 1989 on the lovetown tour
smile.gif

And I am waiting for them to tour there so i can move home again
frown.gif
If they do another tour of europe, that means ive gotta spend another year here
eek.gif

By the way I once read that 9% of all americans have passports.

If I have enough money and they're playing Australia I'm sooooo there! I'd go in a heartbeat!!!

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I did it in 1989 for the LoveTown tour, and I would again!
smile.gif

**If I hadn't already spent ALL of my money on the US version of this tour
wink.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:

I do. However, remember the reason why most do not - one isn't needed to get into and return from Canada and Mexico (at least the last time I went). And unlike Europe, which has many smaller countries, the U.S. is rather large. One can see many sites and cultures within one country. As such, not as many people need passports.

Unlike Australia however, which borders with no countries.
The closest countries are Papua New Guinea and New Zealand. But I can't see any great urge to rush over to those.

I would definatly go. Maybe not ONLY for U2 but travelling can never be only for U2 becuase it's an adventure in itself just to go there and you have to see new places wether you want to or not if you go abroad.
wink.gif

Only one point about this whole american not treavelling issue. Many of you say money is an issue and that it's so expensive to go to europe. It's not more expensive for you to go to europe then it is for an europ? to go to northamerica and as far as I know americans in general don't have less money then any european in general, we are pretty much alike economical, americans even tend to have more then average europ? from those I've been talking to. It all has to do with priorities and somehow I've got the feeling that americans don't prioritate to go to europe for example. And not having a passport isn't an excuse not to go, as I see it, go and get a passport then. And I also do belive that more europeans have been to NA then the opposite. All I know, almost, at work, friends, family have been to NA. But Swedes are a very travelling people so maybe it's only us, I can't really speak for the rest of europeans.
smile.gif

This is not meant to offend anyone but maybe a kick in the butt for at least someone to go and get a passport and cross the pond.
smile.gif
You are all more then welcome to my place, specially since U2 are coming here next summer and Sweden is a beautiful country and everyone speaks english so you don't have to worry about that.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Yes, yes I would...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Glad to see that a lot of you are very keen to get here and the money thing really should not be an issue as the Aussie dollar is one of the worst in the world and for most Europeans, Americans and British tourists you do very well when you exchange your currency into our dollar......so I shall look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the BrisVegas(Brisbane) Interference shin dig when the guys finally make it to Australia
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou!...... thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals,...... you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and.... spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: ANZ Stadium @ Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

Would I travel (back home) to see U2?
Well, maybe, in a pinch.
But one thing I cannot stand,
Is Derryn Fucking Hinch.

biggrin.gif

------------------
I'll tell you a story about Johnny McGory.
Shall I being it? Well, that's all that's in it

nice little front page story on our local newspaper yesterday. A young Scottish tourist on a "surfari" tour(hope he used sunscreen) went for a surf with his wallet in his pocket(I know what they say about parting a scotsman from his money, but...silly boy. Easy thing to do though)He was so upset , all his cards and money and who knows what...LOST!! He had to move on with the tour bus, but fortunately he left a contact name and number(he's from just north of Glasgow,do u know him dougall55?...j/k)His wallet washed up on the beach day before yesterday and he'll be getting it back.A happy ending, a happy surfing scotsman.
This is a litle "cass story" to illustrate how honest we are and how well we treat our tourists(well usually).
I wish U2 would play in Van Dieman's Land. Then I would have a serious excuse to go there. I was hearing on the radio they've just had a big worldwide tourist conference in Hobart.The fear since September 11 is breaking some of the small business people. Salamanca market can really feel the decrease in income.Hearing that made me want to go to tassy...one day.
Aurora, how much do you think the tickets will be this time. I paid $110 for popmart. My "mum must see U2" saving plan is taking a severe battering at the moment.
Come one, come all, Aurora and bono_man will see to it you have a ball.
Gosh , there was so many other good things on when U2 played here in 1995. Maybe I'm biased, but Australia is beautiful.

I got a passport this year before I travelled to Peru for my brother's wedding. I think it's good for the next ten years. So, if U2 decides to tour Australia within the next ten years, then I'll be halfway there
wink.gif

I think it would be a blast!

Hey I wouldn't need to! I'm already living here! You are all missing out on beautiful weather and all the really rare U2 stuff they have done here- at sky-high prices.
Anyway...i was wondering why this topic came up...U2 aren't going to come here until well after they're into their next tour....we'll probably be last again....even though they sell the most cds (proportionally in Australia). ATYCLB is well of 6X platinum and from what i can tell, U2 isn't doing that well in any other country.
That's just my 2 cents worth!

WHYWHY

Hey I wouldn't need to! I'm already living here! You are all missing out on beautiful weather and all the really rare U2 stuff they have done here- at sky-high prices.
Anyway...i was wondering why this topic came up...U2 aren't going to come here until well after they're into their next tour....we'll probably be last again....even though they sell the most cds (proportionally in Australia). ATYCLB is well of 6X platinum and from what i can tell, U2 isn't doing that well in any other country.
That's just my 2 cents worth!

WHYWHY

Originally posted by sulawesigirl:
As long as I get to stand next to you on the railing!
biggrin.gif

Only if you take good pix of me when Bono pulls me up for a dance!

--
Angel, I won't be home tonight...

(I quoted myself when I meant to quote sula! Doh, I'm going to bed
rolleyes.gif
)

[This message has been edited by alreadygone (edited 12-18-2001).]

Another feckin' Blue...grrr!!!!
mad.gif

------------------

that would have been a short episode.

------------------

Derryn Hinch was locked up and they threw away the Shame File key. I'm kidding, he just disappeared cos he couldnt win a Logie.

What was that smart alec comment about Blue... B_M? Hmm...are you a hippy hater? the Blue Mountains is nice for tourists who dont mind the occasional hippy and feral.

And no, I wouldn't fly here either.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
What was that smart alec comment about Blue... B_M? Hmm...are you a hippy hater? the Blue Mountains is nice for tourists who dont mind the occasional hippy and feral.

ahhh...i was refering to the NSW Rugby League team. Can you remember their nickname or did u lose interest after the last series??
wink.gif

------------------

i prefer banana bender thank you very much! ya little cockroach!

------------------

Us Queenslanders are a kinky bunch...what you get up to with cockroaches is your business...

------------------

what about the first game of 1980? the start of a decade of cane toad domination? alfies field goal to clinch it at lang park? or mark coynes try to win it down south? how can u forget the series without the super league players?...the greatest win of all...ahhh, the joins of living on the right side of the border...
wink.gif

------------------

ok...in the 63 Origin games played...Queensland have won 33 (including the last might I add) to NSW's 29 with one game a draw back in 1997. Me thinks Zoomy and AH should consider a move to the Sunshine state so they can know what it feels like to win again...

The Origin team, The Broncos, The Bears, The Cricket Team, Patty Rafter, Kieren Perkins, Jonathan Edwards...its a state of champions!!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom