Would you say HTDAAB is U2's third masterpiece?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:

Fucking ridiculous....how dumb are you???

Why is it everytime you make a comment that maybe a bit leftfield for the people on here, all they can come back with is personal abuse. My opinion is my fuc#ing opinion, I love the track Miami and if I want to say its better than SYCMIOYO I will say that. I like music that is a bit different and challenging and not the same singles chart, run of the mill singalong stuff that you and a lot of others seem to like on here. Why do people on here get so upset about some peoples opinions on this site that are different.:huh:

Likening a masterpiece like SYCMIOYO to Bon Jovi is just blatant trolling and you know it. (BTW '90s U2 is my favourite U2 era before you start with your generalisation bullshit once more..)

Sleep Over Jack said:
Likening a masterpiece like SYCMIOYO to Bon Jovi is just blatant trolling and you know it. (BTW '90s U2 is my favourite U2 era before you start with your generalisation bullshit once more..)

Mmmm masterpiece, not in my opinion.

Sleep Over Jack said:
See thats somewhat more reasonable, likening U2 to the worst band on earth is just....too far;)

Bon Jovi ain't the worst band in the world, well not far off but.......there's Mcfly and Busted who are far worse.

Also being from the UK, I can tell you that is a load of rubbish. Most major bands appear on these shows, despite their teeny demographic.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Also being from the UK, I can tell you that is a load of rubbish. Most major bands appear on these shows, despite their teeny demographic.

True......but U2 didn't used to appear on shows like this 10-15 years ago. This is what used to set them appart.

Yes but rock music has to fight harder in general to compete with rap, RnB, manufactured teen-pop etc, all of which is more prevalent than in the 80s..times have changed y'know?

Last edited:
Sleep Over Jack said:
Yes but rock music has to fight harder in general to compete with rap, RnB, manufactured teen-pop etc, all of which is more prevalent than in the 80s..times have changed y'know?

Yep maybe your right, but it just don't look good for this once great band to be appearing on teeny bopper shows.

it's true that times have changed...i'm not sure what rock n' roll and punk is anymore. i'm not as much concerned about what show the band performs on, but more so...how rock n' roll is it to charge soooo much for a ticket....i expect it from madonna, but isn't the apple going rotten when you've got to break the bank to get to the show?? i bought the three vertigo singles, the deluxe cd/dvd/book... they were decent value, but the prices i'm hearing for tickets is just dirty? it seems like the target audience is turning to the guys who go to work in their £400 suits and think they're better people if their car is newer than their neighbors. i heard a comment from someone "in the u2 camp" saying the prices are in line with other stadium tours. it doesn't make it right. i was there on the last tour when bono said thank you for giving us a great life...i thought it was a statement to the collective audience rather than saying thank you to me for buying shares in u2... the album is fantastic though! i guess 2 years of studio time is expensive though, right? ha, ha. just a bit disgruntled at the moment.

neutral said:

I dunno, I have a video of them doing Fire on TOTP in 1981. Is that a teenybopper show? (I really don't know....)

Read my post amigo, I said 10-15 years ago. To be exact they never appeared in the totp studio from 1983 (2 hearts beat as one) until Beautiful Day 2000. The only thing they used to do, as I have said before, is transmit a version of a song from a soundcheck or something, as they did for "One" in February 1992 which was an AWESOME performance. Anyone remember that, Bono singing "We wanna be number 1", Now that was AWESOME!

HTDAAB is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar form a master-piece. I think that U2 took the wrong turn with the last two albums...pretending like the 90's never happened.

My God! If they keep on going this way, even Bon Jovi could proove more progressive than Bono and the lads. :(

zooroper said:
HTDAAB is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar form a master-piece. I think that U2 took the wrong turn with the last two albums...pretending like the 90's never happened.

My God! If they keep on going this way, even Bon Jovi could proove more progressive than Bono and the lads. :(

I don't think you are a troll or double account.

NO,

HTDAAB is not their third masterpiece! It's their eleventh masterpiece!!!!!

... but talking serious- I think it's too early to talk about it. In the moment Hut Dab cannot be compared for me with AB, Pop or JT (well, mayby I like it more than JT). It's great, really great album and I love it, but it's not as good as the two/three albums above. But after few months, years? We'll see...

htdaab has too many filler tracks on it for it to be considered a masterpiece.

messkell said:
htdaab has too many filler tracks on it for it to be considered a masterpiece.

What are these fillers? the only song I consider sub-par is Yahweh, and even that song has some merit..

Back
Top Bottom