Would you listen to a full album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was thinking the other night about how mtv.com sometimes does The Leak, when they offer fans the chance to hear an entire album a few days before it's released. So I wondered, would U2 do something like this and would I listen to it or hold out for the few extra days?

THEN I thought, what if the entire album gets leaked onto Kazaa, which is a good possibility. Would I listen to it? When Madonna's Music album got leaked, I did download the entire thing and while it was a temporary rush, it took a lot of the thrill out of going to buy the album the day it came out.

Will YOU indulge yourself if/when the new album leaks? Why or why not?

I won't go hunting all over the internet for it (I don't have the time to hunt and download etc). But if it were easliy accessable like the ABOY leak, I would indulge. I would still go out and buy the CD the minute it's available. I've waited too long for it.

:huh: I think if I was insane I would. My main concern going throught my mind is, when the day comes do I put it in my van cd player or do I(this whant I usually do) wait until I get home , lie on my bed with cd cover in hand and listen to it at least 2 times.

I definitely wouldn't listen to it. I've waited a long time for this, so id rather undulge after i buy it instead of downloading it. Its just not the same without the liner notes. :)

I don't think so.

ATYCLB had tiny 30 sec leaks on this forum, and I listened to those - and AFAIK the whole album was out on the internet a few days before the release, but I didn't listened to THE leak.

Since U2 albums don't come out often......I want to indulge myself by putting on headphones and blaring the stereo. I can look at the CD jacket and booklet on the drive home! I swear I am going to wait.

Buying the album!? Who does THAT anymore!?

J/K!!!

I'll probably buy TWO copies!

On a serious note, though, it will likely be the only major-record label album I will have bought in years due to my boycott of RIAA labels. U2 is the only band right now that will make me deviate from that.

I plan on listening to it for the first time in Central Park on my expensive headphones.

i'll tell all of you that of course i would not do you think i'm crazy

but when the next leak comes...i'll be all over it like butter on bread...or the ladies on me...

wait, i mean like butter on bread :wink:

I would listen to it after downloading it a few days before it was ofificially released. There is no more thrill of buying an album and listening to it for the first time. That thrill was ruined by having to drive through horrible traffic, going inside the store, being asked if I need a new cellphone, finding the album, walking to the register, standing in line for 20 minutes, trying to pay with my debit card, having the stupid debit card machine mess up, then getting back into my car, having to drive through crappy traffic, getting home and then realizing I don't have time to listen to the album because I have to go to class or something, eventually finding time to listen to the CD, then having to try to open the CD, having to find a razor blade to get the damn sticker off the edge of the CD, and then FINALLY GETTING TO LISTEN TO THE ALBUM.

Would I? Yerbugger I would!

One of the cooler experiences for me with ATYCLB was downloading the entire album a week before it was released and then finding out that the "Walk On" mp3 I had was actually somethinng from Salome that I hadn't heard.

Eventhough U2 has Millions... I will buy every album they release because I appreciate everything they do. Their music is the sound track of my life. Buying a cd and seeing U2 in concert is a small thank you that I can give them.

Thank You U2,
HulaShad

It will leak ahead of time, count on it.

I will take the approach I took with ATYCLB. I obviously listened to the first single immediately (B. Day), I listened to most of the 30 second clips (but not all) and I downloaded a few full songs before the album came out. So it left about half the album as completely unknown for me. It gave me enough of a "fix" ahead of time and I was still excited to pick up the album on release day. I hadnt heard a bar of Walk On until the release day as I thought it would be one of my favorites just by the advance description of it. I was right and I was glad I waited on alot of the album.

Rafiennes said:
More importantly, would you listen to U2 take a leak? If it was leaked of course.

:lmao: You bet your :censored: I would! I've been waiting so long for anything new on U2, that yes, I would listen to them performing bodily functions! :lol:

As for the album, I'm going to try to wait, but if I "accidentally" came across it I would probably listen. :reject:

The second there's a leak, I'll be downloading it. I wasn't a fanatic for the last album, so this will be all very new to me and I'm looking forward to hearing the new material leaked. I think I'll try to wait on the next album, not this one!

i couldnt resist, i would definetly listen to it to get a sample, but i would still be a the store before it opened on the albums release to buy it.

I downloaded the entire ATYCLB album,
before it came out on Napster. lol

I was the first one in the store the day
ATYCLB was released! It didn't lessen
my excitement that I had already heard
the tunes.
The sound on the commercial cd blew
away those crappy mp3s I downloaded.
:)
So, if I can get to chance to hear the
entire new album, before it's released,
you bet I would.
And I'll be right there at the store the
day album is released.

Last edited:
I wouldn't listen to the whole thing before it was released. Maybe one or two songs for an "appetizer," but that's all. Then I would buy it from Target on the day of the album's realease. I'd camp out in the parking lot if I could!

It really wouldn't matter to me how much I hear it before it's in the stores. I will still buy it anyway. Just like with all their other albums, I have listened to them infinite times. So, I have to say yes, given the chance to hear it in advance, I would download it.:ohmy:

Like RocknRollDawgie I downloaded ATYCLB on Napster and listened to each song once on my computer, very low and then waited for the album to come out. I was excited to get the new songs, but I wanted to hear the album on a good, loud system!!! I might do the same with this one, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom