Would you like to see bono in a movie? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:05 PM
Would you like to see bono in a movie?

I wouldn't mind as long as it wasn't some Hollywood "fluff" just to appear in order to get the bands name out in the mainstream again. As long as it is a well written script, that is cool with me.

Now let's share opinions.

Old 06-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
War Child

Rattle & Hum was sort of a movie...

I'd actually like to see Edge in a movie...I think he'd be great (watch the Elevation single video), but I can't really see a movie containing U2 members working out with them having anything more than a cameo role, it would just be seen as them trying to milk what fame they had for a bit more cash.

Old 06-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:05 AM
I always thought acting would be the next step for him. I guess he's too busy in politics and, when he's got a few minutes free, he works on the new album.

I heard, although I haven't watched it yet, that he has a cameo in Million Dollar Hotel.

I also heard some years ago that he was supposed to be in some European sci-fi movie playing a bad guy. Not sure if it ever got made.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on film, I think he could easily do it. After all, he already acts like he's tall and pulls it off. I didn't know just how short/small he was until recent years. When I first saw Ratlle & Hum, I thought he was 6 feet tall. Some of it is camera angles of course, but now it's mostly his shoes with the crazy lifts.

I don't want him to act if it takes away from the band though.

Jason

www.U2JT.com
Old 06-22-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:05 AM
I wanted to see him as Willie Wonka but they gave that part to Johnny Depp. I like Depp but I think Bono would have been perfect, he'd look cute in that suit and he can sing!

I would like to see Bono in an 18th century period piece, long hair in a ponytail, high black riding boots, ruffled shirt, velvet jacket with gold buttons, and a long cape, riding a horse
Old 06-22-2004, 06:35 PM   #5
The Fly

Bono and Larry had cameos in Entropy with Stephen Dorff, directed by Phil Joanou. They did a terrific job and it is a great movie.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:41 PM   #6
Acrobat

Speaking of Phil Joanou, I love 3 O' Clock High! It is a totally under rated movie. One of my 80's fav's! Maybe not as good as a John Hughes movie, but still a damn good 80's movie. If you haven't seen it, rent it!

Jason.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by luvsU2
Bono and Larry had cameos in Entropy with Stephen Dorff, directed by Phil Joanou. They did a terrific job and it is a great movie.
I heard about this, but the film is really hard to find. Bono actually plays a role not just a cameo. It was filmed during POPMart.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I wanted to see him as Willie Wonka but they gave that part to Johnny Depp. I like Depp but I think Bono would have been perfect, he'd look cute in that suit and he can sing!

I would like to see Bono in an 18th century period piece, long hair in a ponytail, high black riding boots, ruffled shirt, velvet jacket with gold buttons, and a long cape, riding a horse
Yes but can bono look sinister in a purple hat.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:02 AM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono B. Jones
I
I heard, although I haven't watched it yet, that he has a cameo in Million Dollar Hotel.

www.U2JT.com
It's just a few seconds scene: Bono's sitting at a bar (a glass of something in front of him). I didn't know about it when I was watching the movie, so I nearly fell from my coach!
I liked the movie, even if lots of people said it's boring.

I'm not ready to see U2 acting in a movie...
But I'd like to see Adam as an actor!! Hi hi hi
LOL!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Now I would like to see Macphisto in a batman movie as the actual villain, played by the B-Man himself.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:05 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
...I still can't get over how incredibly amusing that would be to see him in that role. I'd love it. .

Quote:

There was another type of movie that I thought would be perfect for him to be in recently, but I can't think of what it was right now.

Anywho, as for the movies mentioned here that he has appeared in-"Entropy" was a good movie, I agree (also, another cool thing I realized about Phil Joanou recently...he directed the video for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' "Walls". Yay for people who work with both of my favorite bands! ).

And as for "The Million Dollar Hotel"...heh, it took me, like, three viewings of that movie before it finally started to make more sense, LOL. . It's a very different movie, that's for sure, but it is kinda interesting...

Angela
Old 06-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #12
Refugee

Jut a little something with johnny Depp-is all I ask! i don't care what you call it! ha-lol
Old 06-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Quote:

Wasn't that what he looked like during the Rattle and Hum/Love Town era?

Sans horse..
Old 06-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I always think about this! Bono would be a good villain, even in a wild west movie. I saw one (Tombstone, I think) where there was an Irish villain. He was a real bastard!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #15
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel D.
I always think about this! Bono would be a good villain, even in a wild west movie. I saw one (Tombstone, I think) where there was an Irish villain. He was a real bastard!
I agree
Old 06-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:05 AM
i want to see a parody of Mr Macphisto in a move

it would be really funny to some U2 fans and really wierd for everyone else
Old 06-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #17
Babyface

I would'nt want to see Bono in a movie because usually when singers try to act, they're just not very good. Like Madonna for example, I like her music but watching her movies makes me want to squirm with embarassment for her.

Now if Bono wants to come to my house with a camcorder, I certainly would'nt have a problem with that....

Old 06-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 12:05 AM
I think Bono would be a great actor, I could really imagine him as a villian or in an arty farty 'art house' flick (anything my his old pal Wim Wenders, come to mind)
Old 06-25-2004, 01:46 AM   #19
The Fly

I think Bono is great in music videos, but he has said he will not do movies because he thinks he is a horrible actor. He looks very embarassed when asked about Entropy in interviews. This is probably why he chickened out at the last minute on playing the crazy art dealer in Million Dollar Hotel. Wim Wenders got annoyed and casted a guy to do an imitation of Bono in the role. He even wanted his 1/2 second cameo cut out, saying something like "oh look, pop star shows up in own film". But Wim put his foot down and left it in anyway. I think Wim talks about this in the director's commentary on the dvd.

And to fill in those who haven't heard about it, Bono really was asked to play MacPhisto in a Batman movie. He was friends with the director, and Arnold Schwartzenegger was threatening to leave the film at the last minute. The director was desperately trying to line up a potential replacement that could attract an audience. Bono agreed to step in if needed, but Ah-nold stayed in, which is our loss. Normally I would cringe at the thought of making up a new Batman character for purely commercial reasons, but I would make exceptions for MacPhisto...

I'm not sure if Bono could play normal people in a movie without a lot of coaching, but he can certainly play whacky versions of himself, like MacPhisto or Mirrorball Man. You know what though? I think he would be great playing an Irish Catholic priest a la George Carlin in Dogma...
Old 06-25-2004, 02:07 AM   #20
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drealynn42
I think Bono is great in music videos, but he has said he will not do movies because he thinks he is a horrible actor. He looks very embarassed when asked about Entropy in interviews.
Oh really? Interesting, I didn't know that. I have Entropy and I don't think he's horrible at all, I wonder why he thinks that.

neutral @ interference.com

Tags
bono