Would you be fine with winter if it ment you had to live without grace?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
As I sit at this computer at 1:00am eating left over pizza and reading the boards, I ask myself. What if U2 only has to finish a few tracks? I hear most people are in uproar over the album being delayed or not delayed till winter, but in all honesty would you not be upset with it if it meant you had an amazing complete full album rather then an album with stand out tracks and then some throw away ones such a grace?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
grace blew... when i look at the world was better than summer rain... but that's just my opinion

I agree.

I got no problem with Grace.
Not the best song on the album, but it's decent. Summer Rain should've just been on the fucking album in addition, not as a replacement. If there was another song on the new album that sounded like Grace, I'd be fine with that.

Its times like this that I remember a quote///

"What gets us to our best moments is a kind of explosive energy, where it kind of all comes together. You can be waiting a long time for that to happen, and that's the frustration sometimes for us. Nothing is sacred. Nothing is finished, literally, until the CD's in the shop." -- The Edge

i find The Edge's guitar riff on Grace to be one of his finest. it's just very soothing. one of the best songs on the album.

so no, if every song was that good, i'd like it sooner than later.

if I were to consider Grace a throwaway, then yes, I'd be fine with a delay if it meant no fillers/throwaways.
An album of 11 or 12 solid, standout songs that each embodied everything we love about U2 would be worth waiting an extra 10 months or so. I'd hate the wait, but I'd survive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom