would u agree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im talking about Bono's vocals in Peace On Earth and In A Little While,, now maybe its still based on the 'ciggie story'.....what - smokes damagin his voice????

my mum and others are saying he sounds weak and tired on them............I actually hear it too, but I listen to most of the others, of which Bono sounds stronger......

but do any of u tink he sounds weak and exhausted, almost 'struggling' esp parts of 'Whoah hoah, My oh My.........' and some parts of POE.......................

It was said he should have re-sung them in a better shape..............almost like saying the songs make pple cringe cause he sounds half-choking on them......

hmmmmmmm

well it will be interesting to see how the vocals on next album sound........

also my mum (
biggrin.gif
) says Bonos starting to lose his looks and strong voice...........and if hes not careful about pushing himself vocal wise he may end up sounding a lot worse in time to come..............................

pple I know say Bono was at his prime during Rattle and Hum........after 'playing voice death on Achtung and Pop' that hes now heading toward too much 'voice drying out' ..........*sigh*

I PLAY WALK ON FULL THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

To me, Bono sounds the worst on a lot of those studio Rattle And Hum songs. Heartland could have been a great song, but Bono when he raises his voice singing "this HEARTLAND!" sounds like he is straining to sing it. I wish it had been performed live so I could get a better version of it. Angel Of Harlem lags a bit too, but I think is great live. I think on all the 90's albums Bono's voice sounded great. You can hear him straining his voice on Last Night On Earth, but that was because they finished that song last and ran out of time, recording the song on the day that the album was mastered.

Back
Top Bottom