would it be worth starting a pettition for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
U2 to release the Sydney Show that was filmed for LoveTown Documentry?
its about time they released something on dvd that was not from the Elevation tour (as great as they are)
And if they were to release it please dont cut the show in half
the set for the amazing show is :
Hawkmoon 269
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
All I Want Is You
God Part II
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Gloria
I Will Follow
I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For
Knocking On Heavens Door
Bad
Van Diemans Land
New Years Day
Pride
Angel Of Harlem
When Love Comes To Town
Love Resuce Me
"40"

question is....would a pettiton be worth it?....its highley unlikley it would get released.
Prehpas it will come out once the band are no longer...but i dont wanna wait that long :)

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the ZooTV and POPmart shows, to show up on DVD.

But, Lovetown shows are my favourite so, I'd love to DVD versions of one.... but to be honest, I don't think they'll release one on DVD except as a feature on a new DVD from the next tour, like Unforgettable Fire documentary was on Slane Castle.

It seems like the band's totally forgotten about Lovetown ... I would love to see a DVD of that show (having the incomplete documentary is wonderful, but it's no substitute for the whole show), and I would definitely sign a petition for it, but would it ever happen? Not likely.

I hate to be the wet blanket but there is little to no chance of this happening. All 3 of the final Sydney Lovetown shows were filmed as well as the New Years show from the Lovetown tour. I would say the New Years show would be more likely than Sydney though. But I would say the odds of seeing either are somewhere between zero and none. Several reasons really. The band really saw Lovetown as an extension of the Joshua Tree tour and they feel Rattle And Hum captured that period. Also, the band is not all that fond of the Lovetown era. In fact the tour caused them to question whether they wanted to go forward with the band because they were so miserable doing it. Its one of my favorite tours actually, but the band didnt and dont feel that way. The only past shows that have any type of shot at being released on DVD at some point are Red Rocks (complete, Mexico City Popmart and Sydney Zoomerang and I'am not holding my breath about the complete Red Rocks or Mexico City. I think Sydney Zoomerang will happen at some point though.

I would absolutely love a full length Lovetown DVD, but lets be realistic. I would say possibly something would surface pro shot wise from Lovetown on bootleg. But what I know about that, the odds are almost as extreme as U2 themselves releasing something. In fact, I would say U2 doing it themselves might be more likely. Its a shame, but as the Stones say, you cant always get what you want.

Hello Angel, the documentary footage from Sydney does contain almost all of Hawkmoon live, so get a copy of it and you will see the whole thing live.

It would be great to have a document of Lovetown and I would sign the petition but I'm not sure they'd ever release it.

Maybe after they finish their career and go with one of the Dublin shows instead?

bono_man2002 said:
i've been told there is a 60 min version of the Documentry....anyone able to confirm that?...or have it?

There are two versions that I'am aware of the, short one and the 120 minute version of the documentary. The 120 minute one only aired in Australia and contains portions of additional songs. I have never seen a mint copy of the longer one in circulation though. Someone probebly has one.

Someone above said, why not release it?? Well, I dont think it would be a huge money generator. Lets face it, only the big fans even know what the Lovetown tour is/was. There just wouldnt be a huge market for it except for us diehards. Thats why I say the only prior show that has the potential is Sydney Zoomerang. The Zoo tour was very well known even by casual fans. Red Rocks is also known, but the casual fan doesnt typically even realize that the video of it isnt complete. The odd man out would be Popmart in that scenario which would be unfortunate also. You just dont see major artists going back to shows or tours that happened over 15 years ago and releasing a brand new show that was never released. All you typically see is a re-release of something on DVD that was already out on VHS previously. Realistically this is all we can hope for. This petition would have about as much success as the suggested petition for Loreley 83. NONE. I think people are under the misconception that the Slane petition that was done was responsible for Slane being released. Its simply not true. U2 were planning to release it anyway. It may have effected the timing (and even that is questionable) of it being released, but that is it. The major point though is, U2 were planning to release it anyway. The other shows people have mentioned U2 have not thought about releasing and have never been released. There is a major difference.

Last edited:
yeah; i've said this before but U2, along with most other bands, only release concerts (for the first time) when that tour is done. nowadays you'd probably get releases on dvd for the first time, but most artists aren't going to unearth a 15 year old concert for the first time.

but yeah, i'm all for seeing a complete version of red rocks, rattle and hum, the zoo tv sydney video...

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah; i've said this before but U2, along with most other bands, only release concerts (for the first time) when that tour is done. nowadays you'd probably get releases on dvd for the first time, but most artists aren't going to unearth a 15 year old concert for the first time.

but yeah, i'm all for seeing a complete version of red rocks, rattle and hum, the zoo tv sydney video...

Rattle and Hum is never going to happen. They have already released it on DVD anyway. They certainly are not going to do another release of it, what would be the point? I still think the only possibilities are Red Rocks and Sydney 93.

That?s a great idea! Man, I would love to have any of those Lovetown shows released in DVD, I think it could happen and I think it will I just don?t know when but if we at least try it could happen!!! This should happen!!!! A Petition should be made RIGHT NOW!!!! :hyper:

TheBrazilianFly said:
That?s a great idea! Man, I would love to have any of those Lovetown shows released in DVD, I think it could happen and I think it will I just don?t know when but if we at least try it could happen!!! This should happen!!!! A Petition should be made RIGHT NOW!!!! :hyper:

LOL, maybe in fantasyland. Go ahead, do your petition. Waste your time. LOL Like I said, the odds are somewhere between zero and none that this will happen. Do people really think a petition with even 1000 signatures is going to sway U2 to release something??? They will do whatever they please and their management will do what will be most profitable. A Lovetown DVD would accomplish nothing for U2 at this point and would not be any kind of major money generator. In fact, may not even be profitable.

I think alot of people let their passion for this band make them delusional!! LOL ;)

I think a Lovetown DVD would make money. They should do it now!!! :yes: There's 18.000 people registered at this place...:applaud: Now where's that petition? :eyebrow:

BTW: I also don't think petitions work all that much but it's worth a shot cause some people in this world still have faith, now ain't that weird! :shocked:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I think a Lovetown DVD would make money. They should do it now!!! :yes: There's 18.000 people registered at this place...:applaud: Now where's that petition? :eyebrow:

BTW: I also don't think petitions work all that much but it's worth a shot cause some people in this world still have faith, now ain't that weird! :shocked:

Interesting perspective, you indicate you dont think petitions work but you have faith in them??? :eyebrow:

Like I said before, go for it. But you are completely wasting your time. I said this before, the only thing to do is a petition to release something on DVD they have released before but only on VHS. Red Rocks, Popmart Mexico City, Sydney Zoomerang. Maybe it will get them to release one of them sooner but even then its not going to sway whether or not they will release them. But to try to get them to release something that hasnt gone through any post production and/or never been released before is just a futile thing.

Blue Room said:

Interesting perspective, you indicate you dont think petitions work but you have faith in them??? :eyebrow:

Like I said before, go for it. But you are completely wasting your time. I said this before, the only thing to do is a petition to release something on DVD they have released before but only on VHS. Red Rocks, Popmart Mexico City, Sydney Zoomerang. Maybe it will get them to release one of them sooner but even then its not going to sway whether or not they will release them. But to try to get them to release something that hasnt gone through any post production and/or never been released before is just a futile thing.

All right then, if a petition is actually made you don't even have to sign it. Very simple. Nobody is making you. And I said that I don't think petitions work all that much not that they don't work at all, don't twist what I'm saying okay. I don't know but I think that U2 releasing something that has never been released before would attract more people than releasing something that you can find in another format. And if U2 ever release something from that period they would probably do like they did with the Slane Castle DVD, get someone to work on it and make it look nice, not just get the rough stuff and stick it on a dvd.... why would they do that? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom