would flag-waving bono of 1983 or the fly have accepted a british knighthood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he would accept it... Bono is Irish, but he never had the mentality of hating everything British.... he's a peace fighter, not a rebel....

I think the real question is, would The Fly have accepted the knighthood as "Sir Betty."

Galeongirl said:
he would accept it... Bono is Irish, but he never had the mentality of hating everything British.... he's a peace fighter, not a rebel....

Exactly u can't blame all the english , for the fuck ups of the gov and the army

geldoff did way back in the 80's, and he's had plenty to say about plenty of things and so more slightly on the negative side. Bono is not a negative person, so i think he would have been gracious about it. (and then probably cracked a joke about it too)

Celticfc said:
he should not accept this fuckin knighthood. I cant believe this. A

Give me one good reason why he should not accept this...... I said a good reason, so He's Irish is NOT a good reason....

I'm sincerely interested in your reply...

Being Irish is not a good reason..... and I really don't get this us vs them attitude.... can't you see what it has brought on you guys already? What's wrong with making peace and let the past rest?

I think Bono would do the 'Shake hands with whoever ' anyway in benefits of Africa , as the report says itself , he gets more respect , more media for Africa which is good ......

To be honest , now thinking , I would say if I was irish I would feel at least uncomfortable to not say otherwise , to ya know receive a traditional english honour and all . but like I said , Bono shall see bigger things like Africa instead of focusin his irish blood , and the past of country

Galeongirl said:
Being Irish is not a good reason..... and I really don't get this us vs them attitude.... can't you see what it has brought on you guys already? What's wrong with making peace and let the past rest?

it is a good reason.

I have been a u2 fan since 1983, I love the music i always will but today i am totally gutted about this.
I could argue all day about the politics and the brits but it will be a waste of time.
My days of buying u2 cds and going to see them are over.

J_NP said:
I think Bono would do the 'Shake hands with whoever ' anyway in benefits of Africa , as the report says itself , he gets more respect , more media for Africa which is good ......

To be honest , now thinking , I would say if I was irish I would feel at least uncomfortable to not say otherwise , to ya know receive a traditional english honour and all . but like I said , Bono shall see bigger things like Africa instead of focusin his irish blood , and the past of country

I'm Irish and the only reason I'm uneasy about it is that it gives indirect support the Royal family (which is immoral IMO).

Oh..and it's not an English honour..so my Scottish wife says. :wink:

Galeongirl said:

Give me one good reason why he should not accept this...... I said a good reason, so He's Irish is NOT a good reason....

I'm sincerely interested in your reply...

well, accepting this award is supporting monarchy. monarchy goes against EVERYTHING bono has been preaching the last 26 years. bono talks about how we should all consider eachother equal, regardless of where and when we were born. what monarchy tells you is that people are NOT equal.

so there you go.

U2Man said:

well, accepting this award is supporting monarchy. monarchy goes against EVERYTHING bono has been preaching the last 26 years. bono talks about how we should all consider eachother equal, regardless of where and when we were born. what monarchy tells you is that people are NOT equal.

so there you go.

Too right :up: :up: :up:

U2Man said:

so there you go.

Indeed good point

Remembers me that answer once Bob Hewson said , when Bono was asked by Edge if his father wanted to meet the Wales queen or princess or somethin like that ..... Bob said some like , couldn't care less about it , that he didn't have more respect for her than other person , after all why did she deserved all that

Those of you against this ... you've all seen and heard Bono in the last few years, right?

This angry young anti-establishment Bono is long gone. If you have a problem with it, then you're late to the realization.

And if this is going to make you stop buying U2 records, bully for you. But again ... HELLO, he's been a different Bono for years now. Welcome to the party.

bonocomet said:
But after Bob Hewson met Princess Diana, he changed his original opinion about her.

Yes , there's also this .......

But the thing is , he thought she was a great person , despite being a princess , not sure he changed his opinion about monarchy

Back
Top Bottom