Worst U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boy - An Cat Dubh. Starts off fine, but it just goes on and on and on...:huh:
October - Scarlet
War - Red Light I guess, but I still like the song, and I love The Refugee.
The Unforgettable Fire - 4th of July and The Unforgettable Fire...UF is a great song but for some reason it always makes me sad so I simply can't listen to it.
The Joshua Tree - Mothers of the Disappeared
Rattle & Hum - I'm guessing Freedom for My People doesn't count :wink: Love Rescue Me I suppose, it just goes on and on.
Achtung Baby - Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Zooropa - The Wanderer
Pop - The Playboy Mansion...I love Miami. What's with the anti-Miami?! Miami is a great little fun song :drool: then again I'm a Pop fanatic
All That You Can't Leave Behind - Grace...I hardly listen to this song ever. It's not a BAD song, just kinda BORING.
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: One Step Closer...which is still brilliant.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Ooohh you are probably the type of "fan" that only like With or Without You and One. :sick: Look, you even mentioned songs that haven't even been released properly. Somewhat of a hasty induction there. :huh:

:sexywink:

I can't tell if you smelled my sarcasm. I meant to put One and With or Without You on that list, too. I was just going chronologically and spouting off whatever songs came to my head. My real least faves are:

Scarlet
Red Light
EP and America
Some Days are Better than Others
Miami
Peace on Earth

Other than that, I really enjoy the rest of the body of their work to some degree or other. :) Hope I straightened that out.

Windmilllane said:
There is no such thing as a bad U2 song. There is no such thing.

Okay, I guess some people still don't get the point of my post. I didn't say a bad song. I said your least favorite from each album. That is, if you ranked them all for each album, give me the song that would be on the bottom of that list.

You can love every U2 song, but there will still be bottom dwellers on your list.

It is rather interesting to see people's lists here. Keep it up!

Always. It was an obvious sketch for Beautiful Day but it should have never been released as a b-side. Plus, one of the lines from the song made it into A Man and A Woman. It would be like if they released all the Salome Outtake songs as b-sides. It's like saying "these are finished songs" when they're not.

Boy - An Cat Dubh.
October - Scarlet
War - Red Light
The Unforgettable Fire - 4th of July, promenada, Elvis Presley and America
The Joshua Tree - Red Hill Mining Town
Rattle & Hum - Love rescue me
Acthung Baby - None. :wink:
Zooropa - The Wanderer
Pop - The Playboy Mansion (MIAMI IS GREAT), Wake up dead Man
ATYCLB - Grace, Peace on Earth, New York, Wild Honey and Elevation (Yes, I hate the studio version)
HTDAAB - None. I don't like OOTS very much but it's a nice track

Boy - The Ocean
October - Scarlet
War - The Refugee/Red Ligh
The Unforgettable Fire - MLK
Joshua Tree - Mothers of the Disappeared
Rattle & Hum - Van Diemen's Land/When love comes to Town/Love rescue me
Achtung Baby - Mysterious Ways/Even Better than the real thing/Zoo Station
Zooropa - Some Days are better than Others/Wanderer/Daddy's
gonna pay for your crashed car
Pop - Mofo/If god will send his angels/Miami/Playboy Mansion/If you wear that velvet dress
All that you can't leave behind - Grace/Peace on Earth/New York/Stuck in a moment/Wild Honey/Elevation

My LEAST FAVOURITE would be...

Electric Co
Stranger in a strange land
Red light
4th July
Trip thru your wires
Hawkmoon 269
Even better than the real thing
Dirty day
Miami
Grace

BUT!! I do love all these songs, none-the-less.:wink:

Last edited:
Boy - Shadows and Tall Trees
October - Scarlet
War - The Refugee - hideous
Unforgettable Fire - Wire
Joshua Tree - ummmm, ummmmmmmmmmm
Rattle and Hum - Van Diemen's Land - Edge is not cut out for lead vocals
Achtung Baby - Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Zooropa - Daddys Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Pop - Miami - wretched
ATYCLB - Stuck in A Moment - most overrated song ever! i hate it!

Worst of the Worst?? Im gonna cut Bono slack on The Refugee, he is a much better singer now, and go with Stuck in a Moment. What were they thinking?? This song doesnt even fit on the album and was forced and absolutely sucks. The video is horrible too. Ugggggggggg......

I don't understand why so many people hate Miami.

The Stuck in a Moment video (original version) is actually one of their best.

Boy-Stories for Boys
October-Fire
War-The Refugee
UF-Promenade
JT-Red Hill Minning Town
R&H- When Love Comes to Town
Achtung Baby-Acrobat
Zooropa-The Wanderer
Pop-Miami
ATYCLB-Stuck

That being said I don't dislike any of these songs (Except for maybe Fire, although I feel I need to listen to that song more to make a more fair judgement.) I actually really like some of these tracks, but you asked for my least favorites so... And I would dislike Miami if it weren't for the live version of Miami-Bullet the Blue Sky they did during Popmart.

Last edited:
I think Velvet Dress is a great song. It's strange how different our opinions are, yet we all love U2.

edgeu22 said:
Miami rocks. So does Another Time, Another Place.. but a lot of people have that one listed too.

yeah, ATAP is one of the best early U2 songs...

Back
Top Bottom