WORST song survivor: pop (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• discotheque

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • do you feel loved

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • mofo

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • if god will send his angels

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • staring at the sun

• last night on earth

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • gone

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • miami

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • the playboy mansion

• if you wear that velvet dress

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • please

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • wake up dead man

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please!

That's always been my favorite from that album. I loved it when I first heard it. I loved it when they played it live. I still love it today.

This version of "Gone" isn't that great.....and "Please" just isn't a good song, period. You people are weird.

Discotheque is the correct choice, better luck next time.

I would be more inclined to join the masses voting for please if we weren't voting along these lines...

KhanadaRhodes said:
you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

Please to me has always been better in my head than in my ears... what I mean by that is there are 3 versions all of which have something going for them, the Pop, Single & PopMart. Neither of them is the definitive version - somehow when I think of Please I conjure up the best combination of the 3... but this is never reciprocated on record.

Thus I vote for Last Night On Earth :dance:

I wish I could vote Please, but the album version just doesn't cut it.

MOFO this time.

Lots of great songs this round. Tough choice for me between Please and Staring at the Sun. But I went with Staring because I fell in love with the song instantly when I first heard it. Love the guitar work.

"Please" is starting to pull ahead, guess most of the true fans haven't voted yet. :wink:

Last Night On Earth. I can't believe Please is going to be first off. I think it's only marginally better than Miami.

Tourist, I was hoping you'd be on my side and vote for Gone! Ah well, Last Night On Earth is my second or third (depending on the day) with Wake Up Dead Man.

I absolutely ADORE Please live - the Sarajevo performance gives me chills - but I find it very hard to listen to the studio version. It's so subpar compared to what it became.

By the way, liamcool's back in the box, so you have company again!

I had to vote for Staring At The Sun!! This was the song that started it all for me.....

I went with Please, i can't believe Wake Up Dead Man only has 3 votes, it's an incredible song, definitely voting for that next if Please is voted off.

A tough one...I went with "Velvet Dress" and I'm glad I did! :ohmy:

No love for "Velvet Dress"? It's going to go early, from the look of things. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom