WORST song survivor: pop (round eight)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• if god will send his angels

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • staring at the sun

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • miami

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • the playboy mansion

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • if you wear that velvet dress

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
last round had wake up dead man getting the boot.

full results:
if god will send his angels: 12
staring at the sun: 20
miami: 8
the playboy mansion: 5
if you wear that velvet dress: 15
wake up dead man: 28

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND EIGHT (POP):
- if god will send his angels
- staring at the sun
- miami
- the playboy mansion
- if you wear that velvet dress

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

I'll have to stop my battle for The Playboy Mansion for one round because I have to vote at least once for Staring at the Sun, one of the first U2 songs that I loved.

But tomorrow I'll vote again for TPM. Crappy Miami can't win :mad:

staring at the sun.

guys, we need to talk. it appears some people are strategizing trying to get other songs voted off first. this isn't against the rules per se, but the rules specifically say to vote off your favourite song. so when you come in here and say "i prefer x, but i'm voting for y because it's atrocious that it has less votes than z!!" that is technically against the rules.

this was intended to be a simple game to determine the least favourite, or worst, U2 song. by doing this, the competition could possibly be thrown in one way or the other. so please, stop. thanks. :)

Actually you're right and I understand your points... but...

I voted for TPM last round, when there were 3 songs that I liked more.

But the point is that TPM is highly underrated around here, and I can't stand that Miami is getting more votes than it. For me, it can't be the last one! So my "love" for it, spoke higher than my love for SATS, WUDM or IGWSHA, even if I like these songs more.

Although, this round, I've voted for my fav song. I could not pass all the Pop rounds without voting for SATS.

I'm voting for Staring At The Sun.

Obviously a strategic move. When placing the total amount of votes of Playboy Mansion, Miami & Velvet Dress into the formula x(y + v)/45.7 and then taking that result and accounting for the fact that there is a full moon next Wendsday and multiplying by the grand total of votes cast so far this round devided by the votes in total for this entire competition we will get a numerical result below 12. We will then take this number an associate it with a desciple of Jesus. Using their full Hebrew name (not Latin!!!!) we will then associate both the first letter with a past President of The USA who starts with the same name (for example Thomas would be Taft & ). Total the letters in the president's name. Add one. There is the track number in Pop you should vote for. Staring @ The Sun. :yes:

Strategy :drool:

I have utterly no idea what to vote for now that all the standout songs are gone.

timothius said:
I'm voting for Staring At The Sun.

Obviously a strategic move. When placing the total amount of votes of Playboy Mansion, Miami & Velvet Dress into the formula x(y + v)/45.7 and then taking that result and accounting for the fact that there is a full moon next Wendsday and multiplying by the grand total of votes cast so far this round devided by the votes in total for this entire competition we will get a numerical result below 12. We will then take this number an associate it with a desciple of Jesus. Using their full Hebrew name (not Latin!!!!) we will then associate both the first letter with a past President of The USA who starts with the same name (for example Thomas would be Taft & ). Total the letters in the president's name. Add one. There is the track number in Pop you should vote for. Staring @ The Sun. :yes:

Strategy :drool:

:lol:

except I voted for If God Will Send His Angels...I think you did it worng :wink:

If God Will Send His Angels.

Which, for the record, smokes Staring at the Sun, because it is original, while SATS is kind of bland.

Not bad, per say, but bland. :wink:

Miami is, IMO, the only weak song on Pop.

Really.

("Velvet Dress" this time, probably going back to "Playboy Mansion" next time around.)

want to vote velvet dress

but seems competition is between SATS and If God will send his angels.

SO I'M CHOOSING IGWSHA

Velvet Dress. Come on guys....I've worn this thing so long now it's starting to smell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom