WORST song survivor: how to dismantle an atomic bomb (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• vertigo

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • miracle drug

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • sometimes you can't make it on your own

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • love and peace or else

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • city of blinding lights

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • all because of you

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • a man and a woman

• crumbs from your table

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • one step closer

• original of the species

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • yahweh

• fast cars

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough choice between "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" and "Love and peace or else", went for LAPOE.

Looks like neither are going to make it off this round though. :(

D-Bot said:
City of Blinding Lights

Best U2 song since Achtung Baby.
Not bashing COBL because I like the song, but I can think of plenty of better songs that U2 have made since Achtung Baby (Stay, Gone and Kite being just a few examples).

00Kevin said:
I was aware of that. I should have specified this. I never listened to this song until i heard it live at the show i was at. I loved it so much that i started listening to the studio version, which i liked even more than the live version. So it just took the live version of the song to get me into it.
oh okay :wink: :up:

pepokiss said:
PS: Khanada... this poll is all wrong... WHERE'S VERTIGO-2 ?? :mad:
omg i no i shuld list it twice!!! :mad: :wink:

and i shuld of listed teh song that comes on b4 teh band!!

omg my eyes :crack:

Palace_Hero said:

Vertigo might be a true pop song, but it is still more original than COBL, relative to their own catalogue..

Both wonderful songs regardless.

Okay, that's true, but when you talk of U2 by the numbers you're meaning "U2 being sellouts", and Vertigo is much more a "chart song" than COBL.

Love And Peace Or Else.... Though it looks like the love affair with Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own has died. Next One my ass.

MacPhistoPT said:

Okay, that's true, but when you talk of U2 by the numbers you're meaning "U2 being sellouts", and Vertigo is much more a "chart song" than COBL.

Don't tell me what I'm meaning.

When I say U2 by the numbers, I mean it is U2 not coming up with any new ideas.

Vertigo catered for the mainstream but is still original in its own way. COBL is just filler, but as it is U2, means it is still quality. Not selling out, I just think it is poorer than the others available, its probably 5th best on the album.

Cue Axver "It is the best song since Heartland".

So....do we have an explanation yet why Fast Cars is included and Holy Joe/Ground weren't?

Love and Peace or Else is amongst the worst songs U2 ever wrote. I mean, total nonsense.

Anyway, City of Blinding Lights for me, Crumbs From Your Table is next.

Just for the record, I'm a 90's U2 guy. Achtung Baby is my favorite album by anyone ever. I adore Zooropa and I think POP is their second best album.

That being said, City of Blinding Lights moves me like nothing they've done in over a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom