WORST song survivor: champion!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
after over six months of voting, we are finally done with the worst survivor series. so now i present to you, the unofficial worst U2 song ever...

VIVA DAVIDOFF!!!!

yes, it was down to the final two, and the votes broke down like this:
theme from the swan: 30
viva davidoff: 18

for an album-by-album breakdown, it went like this:
boy: the ocean
october: is that all
war: red light
the unforgettable fire: fourth of july
the joshua tree: trip through your wires
rattle and hum (studio tracks only): love rescue me
achtung baby: tryin' to throw your arms around the world
zooropa: the wanderer
passengers: theme from the swan
pop: the playboy mansion
all that you can't leave behind: grace
how to dismantle an atomic bomb: one step closer
b-sides, etc. boy-war: j. swallow
b-sides, etc. unforgettable fire: boomerang one
b-sides, etc. jt/rah: race against time
b-sides, etc. ab/zooropa/pop: viva davidoff
b-sides, etc. atyclb/htdaab: flower child

so now everyone, gather round. let's point and laugh at the (unofficial) suckiest, most awful, worst U2 song ever! sucks to be you, viva davidoff!

so that now brings yet another U2 survivor series to a close. :dancing:

KhanadaRhodes said:

so now everyone, gather round. let's point and laugh at the (unofficial) suckiest, most awful, worst U2 song ever! sucks to be you, viva davidoff!

so that now brings yet another U2 survivor series to a close. :dancing:

:lol:

:kiss:

:wave:

Re: Re: Re: WORST song surivor: champion!!

Zootlesque said:

yeah, it should've been some days or babyface!

heck yes! babyface is the one U2 song that makes me sick when I hear it

naturally my sister who loves Bubblegum Pop loves it

:laughs wildly at Viva Davidoff:

I'm sure people are going to ask for a new Survivor, so I'd like to propose one. We run a worst album survivor, and then immediately follow it with best album survivor. I think it would be interesting to see how the two sets of results compare.

Yes or no?

Axver said:
:laughs wildly at Viva Davidoff:

I'm sure people are going to ask for a new Survivor, so I'd like to propose one. We run a worst album survivor, and then immediately follow it with best album survivor. I think it would be interesting to see how the two sets of results compare.

Yes or no?

We've done best album and worst album survivors. It's boring, we need something new.

I have an idea.

A best band member image survivor. We compile a list of every image each band member has had over the last 25 years. Round 1 is Bono Image Survivor, then Edge Survivor, then Adam and Larry, then Round 5 would be the winners of the previous rounds. It would be short but I think it would be fun. Something like this:

Bono

1980-1982: The Shag
1983-1986: The Mullet
1987-1990: The Ponytail
1991-1994: The Fly
1995-1996: The Passenger
1997-1998: The Mofo
1998-1999: The Post-Pop Pre-U2000 Look(can't think of a better name, see VH1 Legends special)
2000-Present: The Rock Star

Edge

1980-1984: The Young Edge
1985-1990: The Pirate
1991-1994: The Beanie Mach 1
1995-1999: The Moustache Cowboy
2000-Present: The Beanie Mach 2

Adam

1980-1983: The Fro
1984-1986: The Beard
1987-1990: The Bad Boy
1991-1995: The Druggie
1996-1999: The Bleached-Blondie/Yellow Glasses
2000-Present: The Graceful Ager

Larry

1980-1983: The Mop-Top
1984-1990: The Classic Larry Pt.1
1991-1994: The Post-Human-Jukebox Larry
1995-2002: The Classic Larry Pt.2
2003-Present: The New Mullet

namkcuR said:
A best band member image survivor.
it sounds like a good idea in theory but i can just picture the catfights that would break out amongst members. imo, that sounds more fit for pleba and i can't even imagine it going over well there.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it sounds like a good idea in theory but i can just picture the catfights that would break out amongst members. imo, that sounds more fit for pleba and i can't even imagine it going over well there.

Why would there be catfights? Can't people agree to disagree and leave it at that? If anyone tries to stir up trouble, deal with them individually. Why shoot down a survivor idea just because you fear that people will behave in an immature fashion?

namkcuR said:
Why would there be catfights? Can't people agree to disagree and leave it at that? If anyone tries to stir up trouble, deal with them individually. Why shoot down a survivor idea just because you fear that people will behave in an immature fashion?
because people argue about things like this all the time? i'm not going to be doing this survivor series and i'd rather not have to spend all my hours babysitting the threads "dealing" with every member who steps out of line.

I certainly do not like the idea of band image.

When we did best album, HTDAAB was brand new. I think the results would have more validity if we re-did it now. And I didn't think we'd done worst album.

People are also clamouring for best song, but I was thinking best/worst album would be something quicker.

Re: Re: Re: Re: WORST song surivor: champion!!

timothius said:

How wasn't it Babyface? :tsk:
A-freakin-men!
corianderstem said:

Thanks for doing this, Khanada! It was fun.
Again I say Amen! Thanks Khanada!
LemonMacPhisto said:

heck yes! babyface is the one U2 song that makes me sick when I hear it
Just off the top of my head, on a straight one-time vote, I probably would have said Babyface was U2's worst song ever. By a long ways in fact. It really is hard to listen to.

But having gone through this whole process, I have no complaints whatsoever about Viva Davidoff being named as U2's worst song ever. It earned it's spot fair and square!

KhanadaRhodes said:

because people argue about things like this all the time? i'm not going to be doing this survivor series and i'd rather not have to spend all my hours babysitting the threads "dealing" with every member who steps out of line.

But I honestly don't think there would be many. I don't think I've ever even seen anyone arguing purely over one band member image vs another in any kind a serious way. The rare occassions in which I did see such a thing it was all in gest. I just don't think it would be that much of a problem, and even if one or two people can't handle it, I hate the idea of a couple immature people ruining the fun for everyone else. It's like 4th grade all over again.

I'd offer to run this survivor myself, but I'm not a premium member and as such, I can't create polls.

Axver said:
I certainly do not like the idea of band image.

When we did best album, HTDAAB was brand new. I think the results would have more validity if we re-did it now. And I didn't think we'd done worst album.

People are also clamouring for best song, but I was thinking best/worst album would be something quicker.
Band image doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. Or at least it's something I'm not terribly interested in. I enjoy looking at pictures of U2, but I have no desire to sit here and grade their various appearances.

Who won for best album before? JT or AB? I doubt the results would change too much for a question like that.

Worst album? Honestly, that's not something that's even on my radar. I'm not enjoying even thinking about the premise that U2 has a "worst" album.

If anything, I'd vote for a best song survivor. That's the type of thing that could really change from year to year, depending on who's participating in the polls.

Queen Bee said:

I doubt it. I bet it'd narrow down to One and Streets like last time.
You never know. A lot of folks have been griping about One over on the "setlists" board, so it might not even make it off of Achtung Baby this time. here might be some pent up anti-One sentiment carrying over from the current tour to a poll like this one.

Or maybe not. I certainly woudn't bet money against One and Streets being the final two.

Queen Bee said:

I doubt it. I bet it'd narrow down to One and Streets like last time.

We could modify it to be a best non-singles song survivor.

namkcuR said:

Because it's shallow, uninteresting, and PLEBAtastic.

If someone wants to go hold it on PLEBA, they can. I'll have no part in it, though.

KhanadaRhodes said:
the joshua tree: trip through your wires
rattle and hum (studio tracks only): love rescue me
achtung baby: tryin' to throw your arms around the world
how to dismantle an atomic bomb: one step closer

[/B]

These are 4 bad songs?..............................................:down: :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom