WORST song survivor: champion!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Bee said:
The Bono lyric flub series would be a staple to this survivor thingy :yes:

So far we have

"The more you know, the less you know"
"Your love is a lightbulb that gets passed around"
"Early Morning April 4...."

How many more do you really have? :hyper:

timothius said:
So far we have

"The more you know, the less you know"
"Your love is a lightbulb that gets passed around"
"Early Morning April 4...."

How many more do you really have? :hyper:

"Unos, dos, tres, quince!"

"The TV is still on, but the TV's turned down"

"Walk on, walk on - have you got the lyrics? This ought to be good"

And like a million more I can't remember at the moment :hyper:

timothius said:

Sorry. Maybe if I didn't bother capitalizing at the begining of each sentance I would have more time to focus on my grammar. :wink:

I manage to do just fine with capitalisation, other elements of grammar, and spelling. Why not you? WHY? :mad:

Queen Bee said:

"Unos, dos, tres, quince!"

"The TV is still on, but the TV's turned down"

"Walk on, walk on - have you got the lyrics? This ought to be good"

And like a million more I can't remember at the moment :hyper:

"Free at last, they took your pride, they could not take your pride" is a favourite of mine.

Oh, and how can we forget "I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat, I'm ready for the ball and the ... bat"?

A minor one: "And today the millions die/We eat and drink while tomorrow they die"

Poor Bono. He probably thinks we don't pick up on these things to this extent. Yet here we are, adequately amused by his extensive goofup back catalogue.

Last edited:
MacPhistoPT said:
"and the fever when I'm INSIDE her"

Actually, I think that was the original lyric to the song, they were advised to change it to have less of a sexual conotation. So while it was changed on the album Bono often sings the original verse in concert.

Lemonfix said:
Actually, I think that was the original lyric to the song, they were advised to change it to have less of a sexual conotation. So while it was changed on the album Bono often sings the original verse in concert.
that's also how it was sung in the movie rattle and hum, and i believe that version was recorded before the version appearing on the album.

A lyric survivor would be very good. Album by album. And give Axver a chance to do non-single! Its better than sitting here complaining that we don't have one. I'd love a best lyrics, album by album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom