WORST song survivor: boy (round 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• i will follow

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • twilight

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • an cat dubh

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • into the heart

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • stories for boys

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • the ocean

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • a day without me

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • another time, another place

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • the electric co.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • shadows and tall trees

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
last round was a bit close, with out of control going away the loser. (or in this case, is it winner?)

full results:
i will follow: 14
twilight: 4
an cat dubh: 3
into the heart: 0
out of control: 16
stories for boys: 6
the ocean: 2
a day without me: 8
another time, another place: 8
the electric co.: 11
shadows and tall trees: 3

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND ONE (BOY):
- i will follow
- twilight
- an cat dubh
- into the heart
- stories for boys
- the ocean
- a day without me
- another time, another place
- the electric co.
- shadows and tall trees

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

The Electric Co., barely over Twilight, just as before.

timothius said:
Ladies and gentleman...I Will Follow...

Is it sad that just reading that gets me hyped up and almost inspires me to do my own performance of I Will Follow?

Maybe I should get out my guitar ...

Now, because I don't want to waste my 8888th post and because Liam and I keep hijacking Survivor threads with absurd setlists ... here's the next in my Treasure series of sets to mark this post and hijack this thread! (Hope you're around, Liam ...)

The boys are currently touring South Africa at the start of 2006's African tour, and have made a slight detour into Botswana for two shows. This is the first ...

2006-03-22: National Stadium, Gaborone - Botswana

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. I Fall Down
3. October
4. Tomorrow
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
6. Twilight
7. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
8. Wild Irish Rose
9. Mothers Of The Disappeared
10. With Or Without You
11. She's A Mystery To Me
12. Angel Of Harlem
13. When Love Comes To Town
14. Desire
15. Dancing Barefoot

16. Until The End Of The World
17. If God Will Send His Angels
18. Wake Up Dead Man
19. The Fly

20. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
21. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
22. A Celebration
23. 40

KhanadaRhodes said:
where is my memphis setlist :mad:

I'm afraid that won't be for a while! I've still got to get through all of Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and South America!

Though, maybe ... when's your birthday? The month will do. I plan on playing 12 shows over 17 days (concert/concert/rest).

Hopefully I'll be able to get the African leg done by then and I'll be able to make a detour to Memphis before commencing the Middle Eastern leg!

No, I mean that hopefully I'll be out of Africa by August, so that I can schedule Memphis dates then! I've no idea how long it'll actually take me to find venues and create setlists for the African continent - the Pacific Islands took me just a day. WorldStadiums.com is a real lifesaver for venues the vast majority of the time.

And here's a laugh:

Viva Davidoff
This song has been played at least 4 times live (either as full song or snippet).

This song was played at:

2005-07-17 - New Zealand, Hastings, Hawke's Bay Opera House
2005-09-03 - New Zealand, Kawerau, Concert Chamber
2005-09-30 - New Zealand, Rotorua, Rotorua International Stadium
2006-03-23 - Botswana, Gaborone, National Stadium

Axver said:
No, I mean that hopefully I'll be out of Africa by August, so that I can schedule Memphis dates then! I've no idea how long it'll actually take me to find venues and create setlists for the African continent - the Pacific Islands took me just a day. WorldStadiums.com is a real lifesaver for venues the vast majority of the time.
ohhhhh!! :up:

A Day Without Me!

And just for Khanada, here's a Memphis setlist to make her happy until Axver gets around to the Middle East. Why the hell are you going to the Middle East, anyway?

16-08-2006 Memphis FedEx Forum

01. Gone --> Hawkmoon 269
02. Two Hearts Beat As One
03. Desire (Lovetown) --> All Along The Watchtower
04. I Threw A Brick Through A Window --> Stranger In A Stranger Land
05. Zooropa
06. Ito Okashi
07. Mofo
08. United Colours
09. Miami
10. The Unforgettable Fire

11. Exit
12. Love Comes Tumbling
13. Instrumental

14. Stay
15. Like A Song...
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday

17. The Dream Is Over
18. The Fool
19. Street Mission (long)
20. Alone In The Light

21. Love Is Blindness
22. Mothers Of The Disappeared

23. Touch
24. A Celebration (Lawrence's Mix)
25. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)

liamcool said:
W00!

Meh, it was the only stadium I could find. And we need a big birthday venue, come on: Edge has celebrated his birthday on 16-08-1983 before!
they played at the liberty bowl when they came here for popmart, but the fed ex forum wasn't even a glimmer in anyone's eye yet. (except maybe king willie's :mad:)

i've never been to the fed ex forum and don't plan on it, but i'd make an exception for U2. :drool:

Why am I going to the Middle East? Because this is the Ultimate Tour, and what's more, it's a WORLD tour. And ultimately, because I can.

Can't wait for U2 to rock out Baghdad! Bullet the blue sky!

timothius said:

Look foward to a rockin' version of 11 Oclock Tick Tock with George W on lead vox....

"We thought we had the answers...but it was the questions we had wrong"...:wink:

:lmao:

I think I'll have to open the show with the George Bush rap from ZooTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom