WORST song survivor: b-sides, joshua tree/rattle and hum (round one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• luminous times (hold on to love)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • walk to the water

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • spanish eyes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • deep in the heart

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • race against time

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • silver and gold

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • the sweetest thing (87 version)

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • hallelujah here she comes

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • a room at the heartbreak hotel

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
the final round for b-sides, the unforgettable fire had sixty seconds in the kingdom come getting the boot. this means boomerang one wins for this album, and will go on to compete in the finals later.

full results:
boomerang one: 16
sixty seconds in the kingdom come: 35

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND ONE (B-SIDES, JOSHUA TREE/RATTLE AND HUM):
- luminous times (hold on to love)
- walk to the water
- spanish eyes
- deep in the heart
- race against time
- silver and gold
- the sweetest thing (87 version)
- hallelujah here she comes
- a room at the heartbreak hotel

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

if you do not have any of these songs and want them, please go to the request thread to request the song(s). i'd like this thread to just remain for voting and discussion about voting, and not get off topic into people posting their e-mail addresses requesting songs. thanks!

"Spanish Eyes" will undoubtedly be the first gone......and deservedly so.

WEY HEY HEY!!

It's probably my 10th-11th favourite U2 song ever.

I'm supposed to pick my favorite out of the greatest batch of b-sides ever produced? Nooooooo! I can't do it! It's too hard!

Without a doubt, if this group of b-sides was released as an album, it would be regarded as one of the best albums of all time.

I'll vote for Luminous Times. But really, I love just about all of them!

This is a hard round... but I have to go with Spanish Eyes!! :bow:

whey hey hey... hhuuumm... baby hang on

I'll be out until next sunday so I won't be able to vote in the best b-sides round :banghead:

Spanish Eyes vs. Silver and Gold.
Hmm. Can't decide, but I'll go with for the one with least votes.

a room at the heartbreak hotel

I think i clicked the wrong one...could you change that please KanadaRhodes? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom