Worst song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote FOR the song you like least.

• Refugee

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Red Light

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • EP and America

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Trip Thru Your Wires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Playboy Mansion

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Grace

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • write in please specify in a post

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Somebody wanted to do a survivor of this, and I'm really bored so I'm going to make this poll. It's NOT a survivor, we already have one of those going. This is a plain ordinary poll where you vote FOR the one you think is worst. Poll will be open 1 week.

These are not necessarily my least favorites, some are, but these are the songs I've seen maligned most by others over the years. There is an option to write in a candidate and others can add to your vote if they want.

The 'winner' of Worst U2 Song Title will be the one that receives the most votes in the week of voting. Thank you.

Last edited:
"write in please specify in a post" = Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

There are songs that I think are good, but don't like.

There are songs that I used to like and are now sick of.

There are songs that are over played and I've never liked.

TTTYAATW is none of the above. Don't like it, never have.

I was actually going to put that but I thought I'd get flamed :uhoh: If a mod can add it now while the poll is young go ahead.

I'm sure that some of these songs were probably decent "in their time", even though we may think of them now as among the "worst".

That said, my vote is for Miami, a song that wasn't even good in it's time. This song isn't even b-side material, it's trash.

Refugee and Red Light weren't much good in their time either:tsk: :reject: But I agree with you and I also voted Miami :uhoh:

Voted for Red Light. It was a close call between that one and The Refugee. Another good option would have been Is That All?
From Elvis Presley And America on there's not a bad track in the poll (I would say Miami is average).

C ya!

Marty

even if you don't like Miami as a song, it's hard to deny that the bass in that song is pretty damn cool. :adam:

Therefore, I must vote for Refugee, and it's hideous "WHOA OOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA"s.

lemon. i don't dig the disco feel. although i actually voted miami.

I vote EP & America. That songs just sucks. The other songs have at least some redeeming feature. Red Light and Refugee have some nice guitar parts. Trip was OKish. Hawkmoon and Miami kicks ass live. Whenever I hear Daddy I see MacPhisto and Trabants as stagelights. Parts of Playboy Mansion were used during the Where the Streets outro on Popmart and Grace? Well, I can only vote once and EP & America just has no redeeming features. I can just tolerate Grace but EP & America makes me want to press that skip button.

I don't have anything against hawkmoom myself, but I've seen others complain about it. Don't worry, it has no votes and is not going to 'win' anyway. ;)

I'm actually a fan of Trip Thru Your Wires, but again I was going by what I'd seen most maligned by more people.

Last edited:
Write In: Sweetest Thing. It's absolute horrendous, just completely cheesy and lackluster. Of course, it's the U2 song that gets played most around here but given what currently constitutes the Top 40, it makes sense that radio would gravitate to U2's lamest song.

I was also very underwhelmed by "Hands That Built America," although the Oscar performance was awesome.

U2Kitten said:
If a mod can add it now while the poll is young go ahead.

Done!

I also changed LivLuv's vote to TTTYAATW instead of being a write-in, for accuracy.

Playboy Mansion

out of this list the most bland thing they've done

hardly any redeeming features really
except for the "then there will be ..." part

Wow this list actually has some of my faves...

If I had to choose the one I would say was the worse U2 song it would have to be The Sweetest Thing it makes Miami and New York listenable.

Bonochick said:

Done!

I also changed LivLuv's vote to TTTYAATW instead of being a write-in, for accuracy.

Thanks! :wave:

So we have 2 write ins for The Sweetest Thing?

With 3 write ins for ST, it now has more votes than 7 on the list :huh: Maybe you should add it as an option and give it 3 votes? Can you do that Khanada?

My vote goes for The Ocean.

Songs like Hawkmoon 269, I Trip Through Your Wires, EP And Amercia are great and I still can't understand how come people don't like The Playboy Mansion, it's a fun tune.

Wow, whats with all the Refugee hating? Thats my fave song from WAR and probably in my top 10 U2 songs. Oh well.......

Most of the songs I could listen to if I turn a deaf ear, but I cannot stand Refugee and Trip Thru Your Wires. They make my skin crawl.

I'll go with TTYW, because not only is it bad, to me it ruins the whole JT album. All the other songs are great, but that one comes on, it like "wow, that's part of the CD?"

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Somebody wanted to do a survivor of this

I'm still waiting for it! Hehe. Cool to see this poll!

There are seriously people who have insulted Hawkmoon 269? Were they intoxicated or temporarily insane at the time? That's easily one of U2's best songs.

Elvis Presley And America is a very cool track when you consider its origins, Grace is an under-appreciated and beautiful track, and Daddy's Gonna Pay is a pretty good song. I agree with what Pearl said about Trip Through Your Wires - considering the wonderful b-sides from that era, I don't see how TTYW made it onto the CD. I once heard Heartland was going to be on there instead of TTYW, and I just do not know why they changed it. Playboy Mansion and Red Light are simply boring, TTTYAATW should have been a b-side, I initially liked Red Light and then when I listened again I realised how bad it was ... but my vote had to go to Miami. Sure, it flowed awesomely with Bullet live, but it's a crap song, plain and simple. I never say WTF ... unless I'm listening to "Miami, my mammy."

am i the only one who thinks that Stranger in a Strange Land is by far the worst song that u2 have ever played? Please, count with my vote on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom