Worst Lyric on HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SmileyGladhands

The Fly
It's either:

Crumbs from your table's: "Cool down mamma, cool off"

or

Yahweh's "Click Clacking down..."

Bleeech, the album is fantastic, but these two lyrics absolutely kill me. In fact, I find them embarassing as it sounds like something a two year old would put in a song.

Don't get me wrong, I love the album and 99% of it is phenomenal, but what the fuck with these lyrics.

I hate when people criticize lyrics. As someone who writes my own songs/lyrics, I don't think some people realize how difficult it is to make perfect lyrics every line.

I actually like the "Cool down, Mama" line, its a good lead in to the chorus. I'm not sure which lyrics I'm not fond of. :huh:

freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head.....

blah! what in the world? bono couldve found something much better to compare freedom to. geesh. :huh:

grbounds said:
freedom has a scent like the top of a new born baby's head.....

thats not a bad choice actually, I dont mind this line but it might be the worst on the album, If I had to pick.

Well, babies are free aren't they. They can, for probably the first and last time in their life do literally whatever they want.

I absolutely love this album, but the more i think about it, Bono's lyrics are probably the weakest link. Edge makes the album.

last night, i was in the supermarket, and "So Cruel" was playing - couldn't believe this was on in a supermarket of all places. anyway, i was reminded how beautiful and poetic that song is....there is actually nothing on HTDAAB that can touch it in terms of lyrical quality.

other recent songs that are lyrically better than anything on HTDAAB: Please, Kite, Wake Up Dead Man, and When I Look at the World.

i still think it is a great, great album, and Bono absolutely soars in some songs. i just think the lyrics are a little too mainstream sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom