Worrrrrst Track on HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i cannot name a weak track on the album, but i can name the weakest track: VERTIGO (...but not weak at all) ;-))

ABOY is easily the worst song on there, the singing is just not great and the vibe sounds like Oasis's What's The Story Morning Glory song.

Just to impose my views on everyone in the form of a structured sentence (because it seems that carries more weight on here, given certain other people) I would like to say anyone who doesn't like AMAAW or Crumbs needs to be taken outside and thoroughly debriefed.

Ta.

All Because of You does have its moments, particulalrly after the 2 minute mark, but is sometimes painful to listen to.

I love the "intellectual tortoise" line, but otherwise the lyrics are garbage.

"All Because of You
All Because of You
All Because of You
I am"

Wow Bono "you are"!

What a crap chrorus and dull and lifeless lyrics. Bono, you have proven that you are beyond writing such dull and almost cliched lyrics that could be interpreted as meaning nothing at all.

Look at Yahweh, Vertigo, and Sometimes. There is lyrical brilliance. All Because of You is a lyrical cop out. Must've been rushing to finish this one off quickly.

Songwriting by Accident? Yeh I believe it for sure now. As if Bono would purposely go out of his way towrite down such trite.

And the chorus is the one and only sequence in the album that I don't get any musical stimulation from listening to.

Don't whine Bono. You are not a bloody IDOL contestant or a crap frontman from cringeworthy "garage rock bands" such as Jet or The Vines. Whining is for people who can't sing properly. You can and you have proved it time and time again.

Nice work on the guitars Edge, preferred the Vertigo riff though.

I just feel sorry for all the yanks who have to put up with it as a single. We Aussies have got Sometimes! We feel priviliged.

Back
Top Bottom