Worried about next tour's ticket prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adenoid_hynkel

The Fly
I'm afraid that the band is going to pull a Rolling Stones on us and charge $200+ for decent seats.

U2 have always been good about treating the fans right, but with the cancellation of propaganda tickets, I wonder if we're going to see a change for the worse with this tour

I've been wondering the same...
I guess that's a good reason to hope for a stadium tour, they're generally cheaper all around aren't they?

adenoid_hynkel said:
I'm afraid that the band is going to pull a Rolling Stones on us and charge $200+ for decent seats.

U2 have always been good about treating the fans right, but with the cancellation of propaganda tickets, I wonder if we're going to see a change for the worse with this tour

U2 were pretty successful with the general admission ticket at a reasonable price last tour. I think you are going to see something similiar on the next tour. I think prices may be slightly higher even for the GA, but I dont think it is going to be drastically higher. My "guess" would be GA tickets would be around $60 to $70. The Golden Circle stuff could be more expensive, I could see around $150 and possibly up to the $200 range for a few really good seats. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Start saving your money now! I know I'am.

:eyebrow: Well, u2 have showed their concern for fans and ticket prices before, and i don't think they will let us down. they are all TOO aware of Ticket-- ahem, and scaplers! I am saving up now-can't be Too prepared!:wink:

U2 has always been good with keeping most seats at a "reasonable" price. I don't think that the most expensive seats will be the quote in quote "best". I think you will see $150 to even $200 seats, but they won't be all the front row seats. Trust me on this one.

Bunbury said:
I don't care. I'll pay whatever.
U2 and DMode are the only bands that I would pay for any ticket price :wink:

*thumbs up* That's how I feel too; both about U2 and DM.

Last edited:
Don't worry. Ticket brokers will ensure the tour sells out on paper, with those tickets being resold at excessive prices.

Melon

U2 should definitely charge higher than they did the last tour, but maybe slightly less. We are in the era of inflation, tuition fees go up every year, so why shouldn't U2 concert ticket prices?

If U2 charges less, then they will "cheapen" themselves and their image. There will be more drunks and bad elements in the crowd because cheaper ticket prices means it if more affordable to a greater number.

Besides, U2 are still on top of their game. They can still dictate the ticket prices and fill up any arena. So right now their mathematicians are computing what is the highest price they can charge and still guarantee that the venues will be filled up.

If U2 charge too low, then the scalpers will horde tickets and sell them at the gate for unreasonable amounts. I'd rather have U2 make the profits than the scalpers.

Low U2 ticket prices will also encourage U2-groupies or an entourage who will follow them every show. Since every show would be virtually identical in length and setlist, these people don't need to follow U2 everywhere and deprive other fans who have yet to see U2 som valuable floor space. Higher prices mean that the groupies will be more cautious and think twice about watching multiple shows.

In summary, I am all for U2 increases its ticket prices as high as possible while still maintaining their exceptional standards for venue attendance.

Cheers,

J

I agree with jick, and i'll pay whatever the cost is, ESPECIALLY if it's general admission.

jick said:
U2 should definitely charge higher than they did the last tour, but maybe slightly less. We are in the era of inflation, tuition fees go up every year, so why shouldn't U2 concert ticket prices?

If U2 charges less, then they will "cheapen" themselves and their image. There will be more drunks and bad elements in the crowd because cheaper ticket prices means it if more affordable to a greater number.

Besides, U2 are still on top of their game. They can still dictate the ticket prices and fill up any arena. So right now their mathematicians are computing what is the highest price they can charge and still guarantee that the venues will be filled up.

If U2 charge too low, then the scalpers will horde tickets and sell them at the gate for unreasonable amounts. I'd rather have U2 make the profits than the scalpers.

Low U2 ticket prices will also encourage U2-groupies or an entourage who will follow them every show. Since every show would be virtually identical in length and setlist, these people don't need to follow U2 everywhere and deprive other fans who have yet to see U2 som valuable floor space. Higher prices mean that the groupies will be more cautious and think twice about watching multiple shows.

In summary, I am all for U2 increases its ticket prices as high as possible while still maintaining their exceptional standards for venue attendance.

I don't see why we have to care about business strategy. Leave that to U2 Management. It is our job to look after ourselves as fans, and not try to justify every time U2, Interscope, and SFX fuck us over.

Ticket brokers will horde the tickets no matter the price, because if they can get 50% of the tickets sold at twice the price, they will break even, and they won't care if those remaining 50% rot in a landfill.

And, no, if you believe the Bush agitprop, we are not in an era of inflation. High ticket prices will also prevent low-income U2 fans from going at all.

Melon

:shrug: Probably the ticket prices will be similar to Elevation's, only slightly higher due to inflation over time.

If they go to stadiums, can we hope for prices to go down as opposed to playing in arenas?

melon said:

I don't see why we have to care about business strategy. Leave that to U2 Management. It is our job to look after ourselves as fans, and not try to justify every time U2, Interscope, and SFX fuck us over.

Ticket brokers will horde the tickets no matter the price, because if they can get 50% of the tickets sold at twice the price, they will break even, and they won't care if those remaining 50% rot in a landfill.

And, no, if you believe the Bush agitprop, we are not in an era of inflation. High ticket prices will also prevent low-income U2 fans from going at all.

Melon

So you don't care about business srategy. All you want to do is worry and complain about inflating ticket prices. How noble and idealistic, unfortunately it isn't realistic. Let's try to be realists here, and not belong to the fantasy world of U2 drastically lowering ticket prices "for love of the fans."

The reality is that ticket prices are determined by business-related factors more than mere fan clamor and complaining. And the most likely scenario is that the next tour's ticket prices will increase even more.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
The reality is that ticket prices are determined by business-related factors more than mere fan clamor and complaining.

It's mostly determined by ticket brokers and a monopoly. Adam Smith would probably roll over in his grave, while Ayn Rand would have an orgasm.

I'm aware of the market involved in ticket selling.

Melon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom