Working Titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hey guys!
I'm asking for your help, because I would like to make some kind of list (or some notes) about the working titles and alternate titles that were left aside for the final ones we know, in U2's albums and songs in all their career.

Post all you know. The more, the better.
Thankx for you help!

Cheers:hi5:

OK, this may not help, but there was this thread about a year ago that listed all of the working titles of songs from ATYCLB, along with some demos. I can't use search, so someone else will have to dig it up, but "ATYCLB working song titles" would be a good phrase to use.

Super City Mania = City of Blinding Lights
MFRR = Mofo
Sinatra = Stay
Full Metal Jacket = Vertigo
Wanderlust = The Wanderer
Weather Girls = I still haven't found...
Morning Child = Who's gonna ride your wild horses

That's about all I can remember. There are a bunch from the Achtung Baby out takes, but I can't remember them.

Ok, was this suppose to be a joke thread or a legitimate one as obviously some are taking it the joke route? I was going the legitimate route, but I can do the other route also! :lol:

Everything has been serious so far. Everything I've seen I recognized. A lot of this came from U2 by U2.

Pop was almost titled:

Pop por Hommes (Pop for Men)
Expect Nothing but the Best

The last title would've been painfully ironic.

phillyfan26 said:
Everything has been serious so far. Everything I've seen I recognized. A lot of this came from U2 by U2.

EDIT: I think the band are not recalling the exact song titles exactly U2 by U2. Because there was a pic in Q magazine with the board showing the titles and it was clearly, Hymn To The Universe, not Hymn to Mr Universe.

But I stand corrected. I need to read the book I guess. I still dont get the Joshua Tree = Enduring chill post though. :shrug:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Hymn To Mr. Universe???

Dont think so.

No that is true. It's in U2 by U2. He said that originally it was entitled "Hymn to Mr. Universe" and that it did not have the pop culture references, and that he thinks now that it might have been the better version.

Blue Room said:

EDIT: I think the band are not recalling the exact song titles exactly U2 by U2. Because there was a pic in Q magazine with the board showing the titles and it was clearly, Hymn To The Universe, not Hymn to Mr Universe.

But I stand corrected. I need to read the book I guess. I still dont get the Joshua Tree = Enduring chill post though. :shrug:

Edge said it during the BBC interview to mark 20 years since it was released.

Back
Top Bottom