Wooohoooo-hoooo, Elevated in LA!!! pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
It was a beautiful, long day, I'll let the pics tell the story.
smile.gif

Elevation
EdgeElev.jpg

Beautiful Day
Bonobright.jpg

See Bono run in front of me
Bonorun.jpg

New Year's Day
Edgekey.jpg

Here she goes again.......

with a quickness.....

Awesome girl!!!

Me needs a digital camera.

Hey you didnt happen to see Calluna there did you???????

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

GREAT photos, NicaMom!!! thank you so much for sharing them- and so quickly! i especially like the one of the No Doubt drummer in his diaper- ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! lol
wink.gif

i'm so glad you made it into the heart- i hope the concert was a blast!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by NicaMom:
MarianaBand.jpg

If you dont mind me saying so but you look gorgeous in that picture!

I dont know why Bono missed your face as I think he should have invited you up and dance with him.....

*sees Nicamom drooling at the mere thought of this*

Oh well I rest my case......

dougal

Thank You guys for the nice comments.
smile.gif

U2Kitten, I felt 21, I was jumping and dancing like crazy...My knee hurts now.
biggrin.gif

Awww Dougal, you're too sweet, thanks.
I actually got the B-man's attention with my sign, it read: "Got Spanish Eyes?" and on the other side it read: "I got the lyrics
smile.gif
".
The Edge loved my sign, he cracked up when he read it.
smile.gif

Great pics NIcaMOM! What time did you line up to get in the heart? What number were you in line? Are you going to LA3??

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: U2LA2000@hotmail.com

AOL Instant Message: nohocamilo

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

http://www.U2LA.com

November 13, 2001 / Los Angeles, CA
Tour: Elevation - 3rd leg

Venue: Staples Center

Opening Act(s): No Doubt
Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck In a Moment, Kite, Wild Honey (B&E acoustic), Please (B&E acoustic), All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One / Unchained Melody, Peace on Earth / Walk On

Comments: Just as she did a night earlier, No Doubt's Gwen Stefani joins U2 on stage to sing 'What's Going On.'

---------------------------
This was my third show on this tour and it was like seeing them for the first time again.
It was a very nice treat to hear WH, Please and the snippet of POE for the first time live.
It's amazing how U2 can in 2 hours make feel all these different range of emotions.
From the sexy Elevation, to the nostalgic Kite, to the sweetness of WH, to the sadness of Please, to the romance of All I want is you, to the relious Streets, to the emotional One and to the hope of Walk On.
I had chills watching Bono take an American flag and hugging its proud owner, while singing "wipe your tears away".
I had The Edge right infront of me as he played ND on the keyboard, just beautiful!
The crowd repeatedly singing "All I want is youuuu" was awesome,the song was just perfect.
"Pride" was very emotional with Dr. King on the screens. The bonus on that song was holding Bono's gaze for a few seconds.
smile.gif

I love how Gwen and Bono's voices complement each other on "What's going on".
New York, even LA loves NY, the crowd went crazy.
"One", we were one crying as the victims of September 11 came alive in the building.
POE/WO breathtaking.
It was quite a sight to watch Morleigh (The Edge's wife) dance and sing the Hallelujahs from down in the heart.
Morleigh was in the heart by me and she looked so proud looking at her Edge, with loving eyes and dancing to the songs.
smile.gif

She kept trying to discreetly read my sign, I didn't want to bother her but broke down when I saw her walking by the sound board on the eay out.
redface.gif

I showed her my sign and told her she had a great husband, she said "thank you".
smile.gif

Paul McGuinness was behind me between the heart rail and the ramp for a good part of the show, he looked at the boys with a proud father's kind look on his face.
smile.gif

Camilo I arrived at teh Staples at 9:40 and was #172 in line.
The whole thing was very organized, everything went smoothly.
The Staples secutiry was amazing, far better than the "staff pro".
The security is better than any other venue I've been to.
They scan you with their little wand as you go in and they're cheching bags, big bags/backpacks are not allowed.
Cameras are OK but not big signs.
You get the GA wristband as you go down to the floor and the heart one is given to you as you enter the heart, big improvement right there!
I met your friend Chelsea, vey sweet girl.
Thanks follower!

Originally posted by u2utah:
They were lucky. He was wearing a diaper in Utah
rolleyes.gif

Hope it was a different diaper than the one he wore in Denver 2 nights earlier, or that he at least did laundry. [insert barfing smiley] [/barfing smiley]

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Oh my god, I loved being in the heart so much! I am so thankful to have had that experience!! Thanks to NicaMom for taking all those great pics because lord knows I didn't have a camera.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Hey Nicamom,

U forgot to mention that Nellie's friend is Jala...

Well, it was great finally meeting you and feeling the love from our local U2er's

And yes, the show was soooooo incredible!!!

Hey Nicamom,

Great pics!! It's amazing how a U2 concert can range in emotions and by the end of the show your drained and amazed by this group!!
Great job nica!!!

Back
Top Bottom