WOO HOO!!! Slovenia is going to the world cup in soccer!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What a game!!!! It was 1:1, but we won 2:1 first game so we qualify!!!
Finally, our striker Rudonja scored a goal!(his first ever!!!)

We played without 4 players, including Zahovic, but we WILL see you in Japan/Korea!

ps: That's world championship, never mind the typo in the title...

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-14-2001).]

Originally posted by Marko:
there was one penalty not given per game

Well it's the referee's judgement whether he calls it a penalty or not.
Besides, our player Pavlin was fouled big time a couple of times in the previous game and nothing happened-and in this game, twice there were 2 or 3 players on him, fouling him and nothing happens. Not to mention one of the Romanians hitting one of our players during the free kick in the first game(did you see that?)

I think Romanians were lucky with that goal in Ljubljana-i bet it the ball would have gone past the goal if it didn't bounce off our player.

I think we deserved to win, we were better in the 2nd game. Just think how many times Romanians passed the ball all the way back to the goalkeeper.

------------------

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-14-2001).]

U2 girl posted: "Finally, our striker Rudonja scored a goal!(his first ever!!!)"

What kind of striker is that if he scored his first-ever goal???!!!!

Anyway, congrats!.

I know nothing about soccer, therefore i know nothing abotu Slovenia's tem. But I heard this on the radio this afternoon and I thought of you U2girl
smile.gif

Yes SLOVENIJA! We are ON THE MAP! Whoo hoo!

U2girl, how do you say great in slovenian again? (I know good is dobro...but my knowledge is limited)

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Yes SLOVENIJA! We are ON THE MAP! Whoo hoo!

U2girl, how do you say great in slovenian again? (I know good is dobro...but my knowledge is limited)

Krasno!!!!

And, Pablo: Rudonja had this kind of jinx upon him, he just couldn't score a goal. But now he got over that.

Congrats U2girl........

Updated list of qualified countries:

France, Japan, South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Nigeria, Tunisia, South-Africa, Cameroon, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Poland, Italy, England, Spain, Croatia, Russia, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Slovenia, Belgium, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Paraquay

Final 2 play-offs:

Iran - Ireland (0-2)
Australia - Uruquay

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I was born a free man, I will die a free man

Congratulations!
I hope that we get in the same group with you in WC so we can beat you and get to second stage.
I was for slovenia, but I have to say that in both games Romanians were done harm - there was one penalty not given per game for romania - I'm sory but it's true, I watched both games on slovenian tv.
But, I was all for Slovenia in this matchup, so I'm glad...

I'm happy for you. I love watchin the World Cup. I'm am English supporter but am despirately hoping Rep of Ireland will qualify. Gonna watch the match next week against Iran. I know they can beat Iran they did on Saturday.

Congrats U2girl! First time in a World Cup, uh?
Well, we finally classified last night. The tradition continues, Brazil will be in World Cup 2002...it wouldn?t be the same without us
biggrin.gif
...sorry, but I needed to say that, even though the major problems we still have to face concerning our football.

My faves for the last 2 play offs: Australia (nothing against Uruguay, but I like Aussies, LOL) and Ireland (some biased reasons
wink.gif
)

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Originally posted by UV2001:
Gonna watch the match next week against Iran. I know they can beat Iran they did on Saturday.
Errr.....they play TODAY against Iran!!!!!!
Over exactly ONE HOUR to be more precise

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I was born a free man, I will die a free man

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I know nothing about soccer, therefore i know nothing abotu Slovenia's tem. But I heard this on the radio this afternoon and I thought of you U2girl
smile.gif

smile.gif

Well, I suppose they have to let some of the smaller teams in
wink.gif

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

Just to make one thing clear about rudonja - it's not his first goeal ever, it's his first goal for Slovenian team, but he scores in his club - Portshmuth in England. And slovenian coach said that he will leave the bench when rudonja scores his first goal for the team, so now he said that rudonja should decide if he should keep his promise.

Congratulations to everyone, but Croatia will kick everyone on the WC, this time 3rd place will not satisfy us - we're going for the gold...
bevare

We're not the best in fair play, but we're not the worst either.
At least wo usualy don't get any red cards, and we have no stupid players like Beckham to do something like he did against Argentina (he is a great player)
but if we have to kick and "kick" everyone to get to the gold than we'll do it

congrats, u2girl
smile.gif

hopefully Ireland will win tonight and join Slovenia
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

The soccer World Cup isn't importtant anymore.
mad.gif
Intelligent people focus on the Eurovision Songcontest.

DrTeeth I'm realy sory for you, but I think that noone has a chance in eurovision when ther's Ireland - but at least there you are compeeting

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Well, I suppose they have to let some of the smaller teams in
wink.gif

LOL ROTF

Marko: yes, that was his first goal for our national team. And the coach is staying.

ps: it feels kind of weird to post a sporty thread in here...
wink.gif

------------------

a) Croatia is not a great team. They made it to the semifinals in 1998 just by coincidence. When they played the first good team, they lost.

b) England will be pretty good. I think they will make it to the semis. Lots of experienced players this time and Beckham is more mature.

c) Slovenia is my new favorite team...
smile.gif

d) Congrats to Brazil. It will be great to play them again and remember old times (like we did in 1990).

e) Australia will beat Uruguay. The uruguayans will just be exhausted after the crazy trip and the one that scores first makes a difference.

f) Ireland will make it. Losing to Iran will be a disgrace.

Just my thoughts.

U2@nyc I realy have to disagree! We lost to France - the champions, but we've beaten Romania, Germany and Netherlands - and I thinkg that they are top of the world class in football in last 20 years or more.
We are great, we are the greatest, noone is better than us!!! (except maybe france or argentina - they rule)
by the way - Iran:Ireland are playing 0:0 in 65th minute of the game, so ireland is almost in

Oh yeah we lost to argentina in group stage.
U2@nyc - i'm sory but i don't realy like you right now.... in this thread at least

The Aussies, should they qualify, will cause tremors...under Farina theyve beaten france, mexico, brazil, paraguay...and aside from Kewell and Viduka the rest of their lineup is desperately underrated- Brett Emerton is destined to be a force in world football for years to come...

I love Viduka, he played in my hometeam, and I hope that they'll beat uruguay.
Is Skoko still playing for Australia, and Bosnar?

In Teheran it's still 0:0 2,5 min to go

Back
Top Bottom