Wont you be back Tomorrow....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Tomorrow has to be one of U2's most underrated songs.
Ive been listening to the re worked 90s version form the Common Ground album a lot lately and the song is just a masterpiece.
The yearning in Bono's voice is a killer and the eerie Irishness is pure magic.

Personally I wish U2 would do more Irish influenced tunes.
Tomorrow would have to be in my top 6 songs.
Anyone agree this is an absolute gem of a tune?

definately a gem

just too bad they didn't have/take the time to really finish the original version on October (hey, maybe it would have fitted nice on POP
tongue.gif
)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i agree...the "october" cd is just beautiful. and the song "tomorrow"...ahh..it gets to me right there..in the heart..woooo!!

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". peace, U2 fans...from AdamGrrl

"Tomorrow" is a tearjerker...definitely...very beautiful.

I also love "Fire"..."Rejoice"..."Gloria"...man, that whole album is underrated!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Interesting Amanda...we have discussed and analysed October and its gems in one of my local mailing list this week. Lots of new fans in the list, hooked by ATYCLB, had never heard of October, but one girl bought it. Now she can?t stop talking about the album, she fell in love for Tomorrow and wanted to know the story behind the song.
As I was writing about the song to answer the girl?s question, I realised what a sad story is that one. And the Irish sound, the pipes or whatever is the name of the instrument we can hear in the beginning, it just makes the song more poignant. It?s a pearl...written by a hurt child to his beloved mother. I love it.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

it's funny, i've always thought this song was overlooked..
Tomorrow is, hands down, my fave song off of October. and I don't know what you guys think, but I also think October is the perfect song to follow Tomorrow, just the transition of the two together..they seem more like one song to me.

I don't have the reworked version, I'll have to look into it.

but yes, emotionally that is one of U2's strongest ever, and Bono's vocals are incredibly intense.
come to think of it, all of October is drastically overlooked, though. it's an incredible album imho.

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Tomorrow is amazing, maybe the best song on U2's most underrated album by far. I love it. It does make me cry sometimes. There is such passionate sadness and yearning in Bono's voice. I prefer the original, though the remake was good. In the original I hear this very young guy crying out for his mother and it really moves me.

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

It is definitely in my top five songs. And I love the song October and Gloria. The album is one of my favorites. I, too, wish they would do an album sometime with more of an Irish flavor.

I originally bought OCTOBER because I loved Gloria on Under A Blood Red Sky and wanted to hear the studio version.

I did not like this album for a long time.

After several years I found myself turning to it.

The entire album is like a call to spiritual arms.

Especially when he sings "Jerusalem!! We're going back there!!"

And Tomorrow...
"I'm going outside mother...I'm going out there" - a scared boy daring himself to break free from his mother and perhaps his first ever attempt at bravery. A very unique song and album, not just for U2 but in all of popular music.

I definently love "Tommorow", can't get enough of that song.... Bono's voice screams of passion, the guitar and drums have a mystical tune to them.... I love it.... It puts me in a state of euphoria........

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Tomorrow has to be one of U2's most underrated songs.
Ive been listening to the re worked 90s version form the Common Ground album a lot lately and the song is just a masterpiece.
The yearning in Bono's voice is a killer and the eerie Irishness is pure magic.

Personally I wish U2 would do more Irish influenced tunes.

i like it too. the melody is haunting in a way. they have done irish-influenced tunes like "wild irish rose", right? "in the name of the father" also had the celtic element. i'm a new U2 fan, so i'm not sure if these two songs were originals, but i love them!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

Common Ground Album? Please clue me in..

CK

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I love both versions of Tomorrow, but I have to say I prefer the original, much more climactic.

Agreed.

I love tomorrow. And I also agree about more Irish influenced songs being cool. The stuff on the In The Name of the Father soundtrack is brilliant!

TheU2, Common Ground is an Irish album by Donal Lunny.Used many Irish artists and the new version of Tomorrow by Bono and Adam is on it.
Its quite haunting. I love it just as much as the original.

Dizzy, Wild Irish Rose and In the Name of the Father are originals, yes.
Bono always said that Larry wants to make a traditional irish album. Wonder if he's any good on the bodhran?

Won't you come back tomorrow
Can I sleep tonight

Outside
Somebody's outside
Somebody's knocking at the door
There's a black car parked
At the side of the road
Don't go to the door
Don't go to the door

I'm going out