With or Without You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vox02 said:
Incredible versions of WOWY :

San Francisco, April 25, 1987
Dublin, June 27, 1987

R&H version, like all shows filmed by U2, was very "standard".

My 2nd birthday :eeklaugh:

I loved R&H version :|

Okay, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bono have a serious problem with his throat a few years ago?? Didn't he have to have surgery?? I think it all had to do with his heavy smoking and drinking. I remember it, he never has sounded the same since. And he's been told to cut back on the deep singing and wailing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Personally I really like the Elevation version, and I'll take it over Popmart anytime.

He could hit those high notes at popmart for a while (though not with the joshua tree era force). I'm not sure how consistent it was though.

Bono had nodes on his vocal cords. It sometimes happens to singers especially those with more fragile vocal cords andthose that do a lot of full out high singing. The vocal chords either get blisters or scarring, and if they don't get rested and time to heal, the damage calcicfies serious ruining the singer's range. A friend of my mum, who used to sing in a choir had this happen. She ahd the surgery and her voice hasn't been the same since. I'd say Bono's been lucky, though he'll never have the range he used to.

Just watched R&H version again, and ended up watching the whole bloody thing! Its very addictive. Its a wonderful version and the cinematograghy is great, but I have to go with Dublin '87 - its just searing and breathtaking - Edge seems to do more at the end. My all time fav U2 song since the first time I heard it.

Pamela

Back
Top Bottom