With Boy, October, & War being re-released..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't that Bono that didn't want to do Pride ? I know Willie Williams said they didn't want to do Streets on Popmart but ultimately kept that live experience in the show.

Wasn't that Bono that didn't want to to Pride ? I know Willie Williams said they didn't want to do Streets on Popmart but ultimately kept that live experience in the show.

And thank God they did. Please--->Streets :drool::drool::drool:

I'm pretty sure there was an article in Rolling Stone in the wake of PopMart rehearsals where Paul McGuiness said that until two weeks before the show started they weren't going to play Still Haven't Found or Pride. It was McGuiness who convinced them to put those songs back -- he said it would be like going to a Zeppelin concert and not hearing "Stairway to Heaven" or going to a Stones concert and not hearing "Satisfaction."

Thanks...

I'm suprised they even had a setlist 2 weeks before that tour I always imagined they started practicing just a few days before the Vegas show.:wink:

Wasn't that Bono that didn't want to do Pride ? I know Willie Williams said they didn't want to do Streets on Popmart but ultimately kept that live experience in the show.

I thought it was the Vertigo tour that Streets almost got axed.

Reading these stories makes you realize U2 wanted major change on the Popmart. I still think that tour had the best (standard) setlist.

If the new album is going to be heavy in guitars then I want them to make Bullet The Blue Sky as bad ass as it was during Zoo TV..

Back
Top Bottom