With a little help from my friends...maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Hey guys!

Wanna help a poor brazilian girl and well-known U2 fan (more like a U2 freak :D) to win a contest?

It?s just that MTV Brasil is from now on showing the video of E-Storm and there is this contest going on to promote the new Best Of...they ask you to choose one of Bono?s characters from the 90s (The Fly, Macphisto, Mirrorball Man and Bonoman...as if you didn?t know already, LOL) and write a short text (5 lines maximum) saying which one of those characters you would like to be and why.

The prize for best answer will be an imported copy of the new Best Of triple edition...including the DVD bonus that probably won?t be released here. :(

I was thinking of choosing The Fly...but then again I love Macphisto and the others as well, LOL...as a consequence I?m still in doubt...also about what reason should I give.

Anyways, this is it. If you were on my shoes what would you do? Any help would be very much appreciated...unless you think I?m cheating...what I am in fact, LOL. The deadline is November 18th.

The link to the contest in case you?re interested.

http://www.mtv.com.br/promos/u2/alteregos.shtml

:up:

Mac, definitely. He was a great vehicle for Bono's satires, always entertaining and just dead sexy!!!!

Excerpt from the BP Fallon book:

"He bangs his cane against the cobbles of St.Peter's in Rome, screeching "shoo, shoo, out of my way children" in a voice more camp than a row of tents. Pigeons flap out of the way, nuns look up nervously. The Devil is visiting his old kingdom. "I could have had all this but I didn't want it." "

Hope that might inspire you a little bit;)

The FLY:

The Fly is not only the sexiest Bono character, he's the epitome of cool and sex appeal! All in black from his lovely locks to his strutting boots, he is the coolest ever! His leather jacket and very tight black pants and the way he moved in them were the perfect look. The shades were just the right accent. This image rules!

as soon as I can make up a reason that would give you even the slightest chance of winning I will post it
right now the best I can come up with is "Macphisto" because I feel horny
but that joke is so old

DaveC said:
Mac. Think of the golden suit, WOWY...calling the president, ordering 10,000 pizzas...It'd be amazing.

I believe
I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap perfume
I believe in M&Ms
I believe in Coca-cola
I believe in you
I believe for you
I believe it was mirrorball man who ordered those pizzas and called the president
I have a vision
Tele-vision!!

Last edited:
LOL Salome, yeah, that one is old. :laugh: and it wouldn?t work in my language, for sure. :D

I don?t know if I?m dumb or what...or maybe I?m in way too involved with the band...but I still haven?t found what I?m looking for. I mean, I?m terrible on making jokes and all...and I seriously doubt that the MTV staff would be interested in any serious and reasonable stuff, LOL

Thanks for you help so far people! Keep it coming. ;)

Last edited:
Hi follower,

I just finished two bumper assignments and I have to get back to exams from Tuesday,plus Australian government has stolen my one hour of sleep.Considering such extreme circumstances I voted for Mr MacPhisto

I am one of the 189 who has read your thread..I still can't think of anything

there is no maybe about the friend part....but I just can't come up with a good idea. I have entered every U2 compettion that I have noticed in Australia...poetry(attempted), artwork(attempted) and I haven't won a thing.
So I love you and really really really want you to win, if that helps.
My thought right now is to ask for coaching from some of our experts here. Mr.LeMon has the suit and the moves...a long time ago I heard Zoocifer doing "the voice":macdevil: :laugh: :up:
Surely we could make this a team effort. follower really deserves to win this.
Ahh follower...you do not make terrible jokes...not when you are "in character".Which of the "characters" do you think made the biggest impression when he was in Brasil. If you only have a short space of time to express yourself, it is best to go with something realy well-known and familiar. And if you can tie your jokes in with some current political "humour" or maybe something to do with "soccer" Walk On.

hang on hang on hang on!!!...if all else fails READ the Instructions CASS!!
I had you all dressed up in costume , in character doing a stand-up act.
"5 lines of text" is what they want?
hmmmmm, now that is much harder.

**cass puts on her very old and worn out thinking cap...at a jaunty angle nonetheless**

really
I just wanted to say Oi friend...good luck:hug:

it is our first morning of daylight saving time for summer here. It is funny what ishkash said, about stealing an hour...my hub feels they give it back. Instead of me waking at 4am, it's says 5 am on the clock...psychologically that makes him feel better.

Back
Top Bottom