Window in the skies vs Original of the species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
These U2 songs probably get the most Beatles comparisons. Which is better to you?

Aardvark747 said:
At the moment...WITS

yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me too, although I was just as excited when I heard OOTS for the first time.

tough call.

I'll go with WITS.

OOTS maybe could have been better, maybe it had more potential. but WITS just sounds better to me.

Definetly when it comes to the album version of OOTS, the single version of Original was better. The production was horrible.

Peterrrrr said:
OOTS, why?

- Bono vocals is mcuh stronger and better on OOTS.
- OOTS is a original sounding song, WITS is a Beatles song.
I think Bono's vocals are great on both tracks, and I disagree with you that WITS is a Beatles song. It's about 50 Beatles/Lennon/McCartney songs. :wink:

Oh, as far as studio versions go, I would have to say WITS is more enjoyable. It's too bad the production couldn't have been better for OOTS. Just piano would have been perfect.

Bono's vocal are completely powerful on WITS? OOTS is a great song though...I think I need more time with WITS before I can make a decision like that. :yes:

The melodic quality on WITS is superior to OOTS though...:hmm:

The Slow Loris said:

....It's about 50 Beatles/Lennon/McCartney songs.:wink:......

I love u2, but that is just plain wrong. There is no way that u2's body of work is better than the Beatles, and vice versa. They both have ground breaking songs, melodies that won't quit, messages worth telling and a fair # of just Ok songs!
I thank God for both bands.

Val said:

I love u2, but that is just plain wrong. There is no way that u2's body of work is better than the Beatles, and vice versa. They both have ground breaking songs, melodies that won't quit, messages worth telling and a fair # of just Ok songs!
I thank God for both bands.
Wha? :huh: Did you read my post correctly? I never said either U2 or The Beatles were better than the other. I was making the point (if exaggerating a tad, but not by much) that 'Windows in the Skies' is a combination of about 50 different Beatles songs. (And there are quite a few Beatles/Lennon/McCartney samples thoughout WITS.) I never said it was 50 times better or something to that effect (I'm guessing this is what you thought I meant?).

Back
Top Bottom