Will you hold out until the release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Remember a few months before ATYCLB came out, and they first released the last 30 seconds of Beautiful Day, then shortly before the album came out they released small snips of other songs too? Then everything leaked out onto Napster or Morpheus or whatever it was back then and some folks had heard the whole album before it even hit the stores....

And there was this whole thing on these boards about whether or not you were going to cave in and listen to the songs before the album came out...

My question is (and be honest with yourself) will you listen to the inevitable pre-release date music that will be available (be it pirated or officially released), or will you hold out until the official release date?

I will probably wait until the CD as Im too dysfunctional to obtain illegal stuff. I dont have any illegal stuff at all.

So unless someone emails it to me right into my inbox, I will wait.

yes. i'll download before the album comes out.

the way i look at it, if it's available, why not listen to it? i'll end up buying the cd anyway, so i can support the band, like they need it.

depends when...if it leaks a month or two before the release, then yea, i'll have a listen, but if its only a couple weeks, then I'll hold out

I wasn't the fan that I am today before ATYCLB came out, so I've never experienced the frenzy before an album.

That being said, I think it would be cool to buy the album without having heard anything, and just listen to it fresh from start to finish.

I'm gonna try my goshdarn best to not listen to any snippets. Or at least hold out for as long as possible.

"...Are you master of your domain?"

I'll be downloading the minute it's available.

I'll also be buying the CD the minute it's available.

Trying to Hold Out Club. We'll see how that works out. No matter what, I'll be at Best Buy the minute they open on the day the album comes out.

four years is the longest I've expereinced with no fresh u2 since becoming a full out fan (AB/Z being my induction into full-out fan). So the answer to the question - yes I will download anything that makes its way to the internet - I need new u2 music - I have a serious problem and I am not ashamed to admit it.
I will however buy the new LP the instant that it is available both in CD form and also off of itunes continuing the tradition of owning several copies of the same u2 song.

I'll hold out, only because my computer is too slow to be downloading a whole album, and I want to listen to it from start to finish. :wink:

Wwhen the single comes out on mtv or the radio, 4 weeks before the album, will you refrain from listening or will you indulge?

ive been contemplating this for a while. i want to just read what everyone thinks about it and im going to read each and every opinion and build up the suspense. im going to try my hardest not to let myself hear even a snippet. you know, kind of like when you beat off and you savor it and hold of the explosion until you just cant take it. and then when you let go, that kind of elation you get and it feels so good.
then when the cd hits stores, ill be drooling on the way to the register. oh that smile you get when you go in to circuit city or wherever and you know that youre going to leave with a fresh new u2 album, theres hardly any better feeling, except well, you know.........

oh, and i dont know yet but im contemplating buying it high on nugs and playing it for the first time stoned and in full listen mode. ohhh i cant wait!!!!!!!

if it's leaked legally on this site or their official site, i'll listen. regardless, i will buy the cd the day it comes out. Whoo Hoo !!!!

The first time I listen to the new album will be in my car after I purchase it from Best Buy. We have waited 4 years for a new album. Why ruin the experience of the first listen by knowing what to expect because you have listened to 30 seconds clips of each song.

ill download as soon as i see it can be downloaded, whether it be 30 second clips or the whole thing

t8thgr8 said:
Wwhen the single comes out on mtv or the radio, 4 weeks before the album, will you refrain from listening or will you indulge?

ive been contemplating this for a while. i want to just read what everyone thinks about it and im going to read each and every opinion and build up the suspense. im going to try my hardest not to let myself hear even a snippet. you know, kind of like when you beat off and you savor it and hold of the explosion until you just cant take it. and then when you let go, that kind of elation you get and it feels so good.
then when the cd hits stores, ill be drooling on the way to the register. oh that smile you get when you go in to circuit city or wherever and you know that youre going to leave with a fresh new u2 album, theres hardly any better feeling, except well, you know.........

oh, and i dont know yet but im contemplating buying it high on nugs and playing it for the first time stoned and in full listen mode. ohhh i cant wait!!!!!!!

I didn't hear the ATYCLB clips because of the computer I had at the time, but I did read what everyone was saying about them.

I also read the Rolling Stone review, which was out BEFORE the album.

Then I bought the album the minute it was on sale, rushed home, and listened.....and was like "Is this the same album everyone has been talking about?"

Because my opinion of it was a little different than most. That's why this time I'll be checking for myself.

I'm going to try to hold out and wait. I told my wife that and she laughed.....

the second i know of it's availability on the internet, i will not only download it but immediately burn it to a cd so i can listen to it in the car...

that being said, i will also buy the album the first day... prolly right at midnight in the NYC, then head over to flannery's and have 'em pop it in, have a few pints, and take it all in. sounds like a plan to me, eh?

I remember when ATYCLB leaked on this board. Wasn't it a young kid who leaked the entire album online? I know I downloaded the entire album off Napster with a 56k modem. I stayed up until 2am waiting it to be done then listened to it in bed with a big smile on my face.

As for this album I really want to hold out. I loved buying Pop at midnight and listening to it on the way home for the first time. Thats the way it use to be when a new album came out. You hear the single on the radio and then wait for the album. Now everything is online. I'm sure I'll cave in and listen to it online....:p

Last edited:
There's no way I could possibly wait. The second I know about something leaking, I'll be listening to it. I'll be at the record shop hours before it opens and get the first copy in Queensland. I'll probably buy another couple of copies over the next few weeks to save for the future. I'm going to go nuts.

Back
Top Bottom