Will you cry the day U2 retire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont know for sure. But I think I will be pissed off more than anything.

Being only 19 and only really being a fan since 2002 (because I didnt realise those wonderful songs on the radio were all by the same band), I feel like there was a musical journey I would have loved to experience with the band.

I wish I cared for u2 when albums such as War, UF, Achtung and POP were released, but I didn't.

I wish I was at ZooTV or Lovetown, yet I was merely a child still in single figures.

I don't think I will cry though, just feel angry that it took me so long to discover U2 and I am too young to experience U2's journey like others have been able to.

No I don't think I will cry. It will be sad. But despite how much I love the music, respect the band and treasure the history of U2, I will not truly be attached to U2 enough to cry. Had I been a fan for maybe another 8 years, I probably would be reduced to tears.

Ive been a fan since Gloria but I doubt that I would cry if U2 broke up.

The members of U2 are getting towards the age where the back gives out, the voice dries up, boredom sets in, etc.

I would prefer they kept on rocking for years yet but if they dont so be it.

I don't think so. It's not as if I'm going to miss them playing live, since I don't go to see them anyway (large crowds creep me out big time), so unless the suddenly lost all popularity and then started playing clubs, I'm not going to miss that. So I already just listen to their albums, and since I don't even have all of them yet, I would still be able to get music of theirs which, although not technically new, would be new to me.

They've had a good run...if they retire by choice I can't see that it would be a tearful occasion. Sad, as it would be the end of an era, but not something to cry about for me.

...now the next day....:sad:

;) :D

Last edited:
I might. But a retirement is much different from a death. I'd understand if they wanted to retire, and I'd support them. They've given me a lot, and had a great career. They deserve retirement, if they choose it. If Bono were to die in a plane crash or something ::furiously knocks on wood:: I would probably cry. And be depressed for a good week.

-Miggy D

boystupidboy said:
retirement,old age,death by plane crash.......MERRY XMAS EVERYONE:huh:

Afternoon ol' Boyo!

I wont cry when they decide to no longer tour or record. But I think I probably would if one of them were to suddenly drop dead..:sad:

I've been a fan for over 20 years. Every time a new album came out I've thought about that, seriously. I figure that now, U2 will never "break up". They've been a band for far too long to actually do that. I also had decided a long time ago that when the band feels it's time, it's ok. Will I be sad? Oh hell yeah. Will I cry? I'll let you know what that time comes.
I just hope it's not for a very long time.

intedomine said:
Dont know for sure. But I think I will be pissed off more than anything.

Being only 19 and only really being a fan since 2002 (because I didnt realise those wonderful songs on the radio were all by the same band), I feel like there was a musical journey I would have loved to experience with the band.

I wish I cared for u2 when albums such as War, UF, Achtung and POP were released, but I didn't.

I wish I was at ZooTV or Lovetown, yet I was merely a child still in single figures.

I don't think I will cry though, just feel angry that it took me so long to discover U2 and I am too young to experience U2's journey like others have been able to.

No I don't think I will cry. It will be sad. But despite how much I love the music, respect the band and treasure the history of U2, I will not truly be attached to U2 enough to cry. Had I been a fan for maybe another 8 years, I probably would be reduced to tears.

Ditto - this actually echoes exactly how I'd feel. I've only really got into U2 23-ish years into their career, and I constantly curse myself for not having the initiaitive at, uh, 7 years old to make my Mum or Dad take me to Zoo TV.

I would cry though... i'd be devastated.

Maybe I'll cry with nostalgia of great things that happened in my life while U2 was playing in the background.
But what will make me cry is the thought of never hearing Streets live again.

If they can retire and not embarrass themselves beforehand (like the Rolling Stones) with forced music and fake passion then I will be happy. If they were to retire tomorrow, I'd say they had the perfect career, and left with pride, so I wouldn't be sad or cry. If they're happy and satisfied, everything is ok...:cool:

I don't think I will cry. It will be fun watching their solo projects for the next 10 years before the inevitable reunion tour.

And then I will hate them more than I love them because they will charge $595 for a ticket to their show and I will be forced to go see 16 shows and you gotta think that I will have to take my wife to many of these shows.

Man, I hate them already. I hope they never break up.....

Yeah.
No doubt.
I just hate that I was too young to attend the Elevation tour.

I'll have a "manic depression"

I'm with all the people who are mad that we were too young to be big fans earlier in their career. :sad:

That being said, I don't know if I would cry but I think I probably wouldn't. I would be sad for awhile and probably talk to everyone I know about it in an attempt to garner sympathy, but probably not cry.

the last concert... there you cry

(I'm saving money already)

PS: what if they never break up?, they just stop making records... :|

PEPO

I won't cry. I'll be sad, but they've earned the right to hang it up whenever they want. I'll be OK when that day comes. I only wish some other band would be willing to pick up the desire to be both the best and biggest band in the world.

Actually, I think U2 would appreciate it better if we would throw a party in their honor in respect for everything that they have given us through the years.:up:

no tears, no regrets.....U2 lives forever! :wink:

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Miggy D said:
I might. But a retirement is much different from a death. I'd understand if they wanted to retire, and I'd support them. They've given me a lot, and had a great career. They deserve retirement, if they choose it. If Bono were to die in a plane crash or something ::furiously knocks on wood:: I would probably cry. And be depressed for a good week.

-Miggy D

Maybe they can use the "death as a career" move notion that 2Pac has done. He's released more albums now that he's dead than when he was alive! For a man who died quite a few years ago, he must have recorded either a TON of lyrics or he's secretly still alive. Hmmm... :hmm: Maybe U2 will "retire" or "die" and suddenly open their vaults.

Back
Top Bottom