Will you be nervous the night of the Grammys? A U2/ sports parallel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
It's going to be an exciting night with U2 up for 8 nominations...
But it's also going to be nerve wracking! What if they get shut out! How awesome would it be if the CLEANED HOUSE! If they totally dominated the night and racked up like 5 grammys......
Wouldn't it be the equivalent of your favorite sports team winning the championship?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

EEK! Yes, of course I'll be nervous...but I have faith in my boys. If the people who are voting have any musical taste whatsoever...U2 will walk away with an armful of goodies.
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

Yes I will be nervous. I'm going to shut my comp off so that the damn east coasters cant leak out what happens before I have a chance to watch it.

tongue.gif

------------------
My Lair

I'm already nervous! Damn, I need a smoke!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I totally understand the sports parallel, but unlike a game the outcome will already have been decided before the show and all the worrying and praying and good wishes won't help. I only hope the judges make the right decision which is of course voting for U2 on everything!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yes I will be nervous. I'm going to shut my comp off so that the damn east coasters cant leak out what happens before I have a chance to watch it.

tongue.gif

ack! that's self control!

i ALWAYS compare my U2 obsession w/ sports fanatics. I figure I can keep talking about U2 as long as football/baseball/basketball dominates every holiday dinner conversation.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

I have a class that night. Will have to miss the first half of it. Or, will have to skip the class.
biggrin.gif

my life will be the same whether they win 8 awards or no awards.
i believe they should win but if they don't i'm not going to be put out.
i mean i know how good they are, if others choose not to recognize that i'm not gonna get twisted out of shape like i know others will.

------------------
itsyourworldyoucanchangeit

i won't be nervous, but i'll be excited. probably bordering on giddy.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

i have class that night but im skipping because im gonna go down to staples to see the band walk the red carpet...so, yeah, ill be nervous to see them. and then ill speed back through LA rush hour to see if they win, which ill be nervous about. then ill get all dressed up and try sneaking into the after parties or waiting outside(or inside!) their hotel...so that'll make me nervous too.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Very nervous and very hopeful.

It will take up all my thoughts that day (so nuts!!) and I won't get any friggin work done.

I have printed the .pdf of the nominees so I can keep track. The Grammy's are basically my SuperBowl and I throw a party with popcorn popped for the main purpose of hurling at the tv screen if things don't go well! Argh!
wink.gif
wink.gif

I think that I will be nervous. The Grammy's are on a Wednesday, and I meet up with my girlfriends for drinks every Wednesday night. I have already told them that I will not be there, and that they are welcome to join me in watching the Grammy's. They all think that I am weird now, but oh well!!

I'll be nervous.. and ready to go rant and rant when they don't win.
wink.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 01-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom