will we see a new album this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
I really thought we would see a new album the end of 2003. Now I am starting to get worried. I would think we would hear rumblings if this were the case. If we don't see it this year we will most likely have to wait til late March '04 because major releases usually do not come out in the 1st quarter. 3 1/2 years is way to long between albums. Any thoughts?

we won't. this is u2 we're talking about, they were saying 2003 in interviews, remember? don't worry, they'll release an album, they'll tour, it'll all be ok in the end

patience is a virtue, right? ;)

I've learned something in my 10 years of U2 fandom, NEVER believe the rumored release dates. Even when the band members themselves throw out dates, they're most likely not going to be on the spot.

With the band getting older, I really have to believe that there are probably going to be larger and larger spaces inbetween the albums.

I wish this wasnt the case, but I think that it probably is.

Bono kept saying late 2003 which probably means sometime in 2004....and then Larry said in an interview that they'll tour Europe probably in summer 2004....Since this is U2, I have absolutely no idea but it would be nice to have a tour sometime next year....

Yeah, starting to be less optimistic about getting the new album this year, particularly since there still doesn't seem to be a producer, unless Edge is doing it! They've done a lot of work on it already though, so we'll see. Really gonna listen for those reports the next couple of months <g>, they have about four months left in which to finish it for 2003 release, otherwise it will probably be out the same as Pop was in Feb./Mar. 2004, but I do think they will definitely have it out by then.

id be surprised if we saw something this calendar year. if we did, thered be more info about it floating around. just my opinion.

I really wish they would hurry up cause i have absolutely no patience and i really want new music and to see them live ( i have never seen them in concert besides on vhs/dvd :sad: ).

i was only a casual fan til the fall of 2001....after they finished touring :madspit: and i so want that live experience. everyone here talks about their concerts and meeting the guys and i'm so jealous cause i want that too. i'm so scared that this will be the last major tour that they ever do and i have to see them no matter what. i have already started saving up money for the tour. :lol: :eek:

i must sound so selfish but i really started my u2 obession for lack of a better word pretty much after ATYCLB and the elevation tour were over and i missed all the excitement that went with it.

all i have to say is thank god for my other fav band touring and putting out albums this past year or i would have plain lost my mind by now. :crazy:

and while i'm typing electrical storm just came on the radio to drive me over the edge (no pun intended :lmao: )

Last edited:
I predict that we will get the first single this fall, and a couple of promo appearances this fall. With a Feb release of the album, and a March/April Tour kickoff. That just seems so likely. I hope I'm right, anyway!

Sweet Tart said:
I really wish they would hurry up cause i have absolutely no patience and i really want new music and to see them live ( i have never seen them in concert besides on vhs/dvd :sad: ).

i was only a casual fan til the fall of 2001....after they finished touring :madspit: and i so want that live experience. everyone here talks about their concerts and meeting the guys and i'm so jealous cause i want that too. i'm so scared that this will be the last major tour that they ever do and i have to see them no matter what. i have already started saving up money for the tour. :lol: :eek:

i must sound so selfish but i really started my u2 obession for lack of a better word pretty much after ATYCLB and the elevation tour were over and i missed all the excitement that went with it.

Same here! :tsk: And I don't have another favorite band at the moment... just Coldplay and I hate to say I'm a bit tired of them... So I WANT, NEED new U2... now!!!

Sweet Tart said:

all i have to say is thank god for my other fav band touring and putting out albums this past year or i would have plain lost my mind by now. :crazy:

and while i'm typing electrical storm just came on the radio to drive me over the edge (no pun intended :lmao: )

Last major tour??......NOOOO......I haven't seen them in concert either(well once in sarajevo but i wasn't a fan back then).....*getting a bit scared about this rumor*

and flaming june....I turned to coldplay too but I hate to say I recently fall asleep when listening to more than 2 songs of them....(now you coldplay fans don't drown me!!!:| )

The moment I heard they were planning to release an album by the end of this year, I thought, "make that early 2004 at the very earliest." This is classic U2. Hakuna Matata!

Well, no telling where they are off to at the moment, but I don't think it's the studio. With all reports of Mr. & Mrs. Hewson off on a well deserved holiday. No doubt the others are doing their thing also. Maybe later this summer, they'll be back in the studio. Bono is still going to hold GWB accountable for the Aids package to Africa. That means more trips to Washington before Oct. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Okay, in that Spanish interview that is still being deciphered by our good friend Dorian Gray, it said that they're in the final stages of recording the album. Take that however you like, but maybe the reason they are doing all these extra things, is because the album is progressing that well that they don't need to be in the studio the whole time. They had a few of the songs already written, if you remember, before ATYCLB came out. My guess is that they're moving fast on it. It actually could come out this year. Recent interviews have all said that the band hope to have it out sometime this year. Others have said that the band's new album, set for release later this year, will blah blah albakj....

I'd say there is a very good chance we might see the album this year. I'd give it a 50/50. If it does come out this fall, U2 will have broken a long tradition of postponing.

Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom