Will we get 'The Hands That Built America' today??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB218

The Fly
The Japanese version of the Best Of was scheduled (at least last I heard) for release today. If anyone's got it, PLEASE upload the new tracks ASAP!!! I know there's got to be some interferencers out there in Japan!

BB

what?

the Best Of is released in Japan today? a month early?

that just doesn't sound right. but i would love to hear "Hands" today.

if this is true, i'm sure a fansite will pick it up.

Yeah, Amazon.com and CDNOW both list an October 8 release for the Japanese version. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully someone over there can encode it and put it on Kazaa.

There aren't any Japanese members of Interference?

daisybean said:
I checked on the status of my order that was supposed to be sent out / arrive today....

I guess it's on backorder :huh::shrug:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, there's gotta be someone out there from Japan that can upload this :(

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

cdnow, amazon, and cduniverse all have the Best of 1990-2000 on backorder....

Looking for alternatives to the above websites...does anyone know where one could order the best of import directly from Japan?

I would gladly order the import and have it delivered overnight if I could find someone selling it!

Well, here's some bad news. I asked my roommate, who knows Japanese, to check the release date at HMV's Japanese site, hmv.co.jp. He says all the versions listed there have a much later release than October 8. They vary in date from 10/30 to 11/11. I think the one we are talking about, the actual Japanese version, comes out around 11/5. So Amazon.com might be wrong, I'm really not 100% sure.

Still hoping we get something soon, but not holding my breath.

I've found websites that list The Best of 1980 - 1990 as being released on October 8, not the Best of 1990 - 2000.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=523SLF3OY3&ean=766489281520

Perhaps it is only now that this 1980 - 1990 Import versions are becoming available to the ROW....

which means the other sites have merely made a small (albeit frustratingly crucial) typo.

This might also explain why all those sites that supposedly released the Best of 1990 -2000 on the 8th now have it on backorder. It'll probably suddenly become available in November...

Last edited:
Well hopefully someone, somewhere will have a copy in the next week or so and put it on Kazaa et al. Arghhhh! I was really hoping to hear it today. Maybe even U2.com will stream a preview of the song. There is no reaso not to; the only people who wll really be interested in it at this point wll be U2 fans (and they will definitely purchase the album). I must say hearing a U2 song for the first time is on my list of the 10 most enjoyable things that I look forward to in life...I can't wait.

I e-mailed www.importcds.com inquiring about the release date for the best of 1990-2000.

Below is their response:

"The CD will be released around the end of October. We should be shipping it on Nov. 1, 2002".

:(

Back
Top Bottom