Will we ever see Peter Rowan again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
Do you think any future release from the band (album, box set, best of, etc) will feature an adult Peter Rowan on the cover? Or would that be too cheesy? If done right it could be a nice bookend to their career.

(he's the boy from the 'Boy' and 'War' covers for those of you who don't know) :yes:

I always thought that this would be a cool idea, but at the same time it seems cliched.

What does everyone think?

:hmm: That's a really interesting idea! Maybe U2 could use his image as part of their last album cover (whenever that might be) as a way of coming "full circle."

It would be too cheesy. Kind of like when they considered calling Achtung, Baby "Man." For the love of God, no.

Ehhh... what kind of group would go remake one of their old album covers for a new album later in their career??

red.jpg

blue.jpg

If they had used the second photo for the cover of Abbey Road then, yes, it would've been cheesy. The red and blue albums are just compilations, so they don't really count.

Well, if they had done it for a best of or something...with the "boy" pic on the front jacket and a "man" pic on the back, it might've worked...or at least it would signal a passage of time. But just for an album, naw, I think it'd be silly.

I think it might work if it wasn't JUST Peter Rowan.. it would be cool if there was a little pic of him in the liner notes, or a tranparent image of him on the cover or something. But if it was just him, it would be too cheesy

Back
Top Bottom