Will UABRS be the next DVD release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
After many years of waiting, we finally got ZooTV Sydney on DVD in 2006 and and Popmart Mexico City on DVD just a couple months ago. In addition to those two, Rattle & Hum and The Unforgettable Fire Collection(as a bonus on the Slane DVD) are also available on DVD. This means that the only major release from U2's VHS back catalog that hasn't been given a DVD release yet is the earliest - 1983's legendary 'Under A Blood Red Sky', documenting the 5 June 1983 'War Tour' gig at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, Colorado.

Will we see UABRS on DVD? And if we do, will it be the WHOLE gig?

It would be awesome to see those performances of 'Seconds', 'Surrender', '11 O'Clock Tick Tock', 'Party Girl', 'October', 'Two Hearts Beat As One', 'A Day Without Me', etc on DVD.

Wasn't there a disagreement between the council of Denver and U2 some time last year, about who owned the rights to the original tapes?

Unless that has been resolved I don't think they will put a DVD out.

They did fins the original recording with all songs in a basement for some years ago. So maybe they release it next year, becuase it is 25 years ago next year.

Zoobaby14 said:
Wasn't there a disagreement between the council of Denver and U2 some time last year, about who owned the rights to the original tapes?

Unless that has been resolved I don't think they will put a DVD out.

Yes, there is a legal dispute about the ownership of the tapes.

I don't know if that means they can't clean up the VHS and put in on DVD, like they did with Zoo TV though...I think we will see Red rocks on DVD someday.

I don't care if they can't clean it up; I just want it on DVD. My VCR is on its last legs, and I don't know that I'll replace it! :wink:

I can assure you that both the best of 1980-1990 and interference video won't come up as a stand-alone DVD release. Besides interference is a bonus track on Zoo TV bonus DVD, so why should they repeat themselves?

I wonder if UABRS will get a full release deal or if it might end up as the bonus dvd to the eventual War reissue. I'd think Red Rocks merits its own release but who knows?

I have a DVD of it, converted from laserdisc (remember those?) It's very cool, but still I'd love to see an official DVD release.

Under A Blood Red Sky MUST be the next U2 DVD release.

As it has been pointed out, next year 2008 is the 25th anniversary of this legendary gig :drool:

We've been waiting for years for a proper release on DVD. Of course, it should has the COMPLETE performance :yes:

There're tons of extras that could be added, like Devore 1983, Loreley 1983, Top Of Pops 1983, The Tube 1983, Les Enfants Du Rock 1983, MTV Fast Forward documentary, etc, etc

Also, they should release the Under A Blood Red Sky 2 CD album, featuring songs from Denver, Boston and Loreley 1983, including all the songs performed live on those concerts, just like The Song Remains The Same 2007 reissue.

1983-11-XX-UABRS.jpg

Wow. So many potential releases. If U2 actually went through with everything we asked for, we'd all be dirt poor.

the only thing I beg is no more Tour DVDs from towns such as chicago, boston, NY...

we need good crowds, people, not zombies :mad:

pepokiss said:
the only thing I beg is no more Tour DVDs from towns such as chicago, boston, NY...

When did they release a DVD from NYC?

pepokiss said:

Those were indoor shows, bud.

Back
Top Bottom