Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if they're doing acoustic OL, wtf are Adam and Larry gonna do? :hmm:

Because OL isn't gonna be a skit. They wouldn't do that...

Yes it's confirmed to be a skit. Adam will be playing the role of Nelson Mandela.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Interesting to hear two versions of OL on Fallon and the Oscars. And it also puts Bono's original comment about playing OL live for the Oscars only into perspective. Just as I thought: Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not so sure they'll never play it again after the Oscars.

For Fallon, I expect OL accoustic (Bono, Edge) and Invisible full band.

Anyone who's going should try and get Bono drunk and get some potential songs names/album name/tour stage news out of him. He's clearly afraid to say anything in front of a reporter right now. But a fan when he's had a few drinks? Perhaps.

Anyone who's going should try and get Bono drunk and get some potential songs names/album name/tour stage news out of him. He's clearly afraid to say anything in front of a reporter right now. But a fan when he's had a few drinks? Perhaps.

And not just a few drinks, get him upside down shitfaced

Im from NYC as well and looking forward to the Fallon performance(s).
Is there any updated info from anyone you know who may have won the u2.com lottery?
Do you think it would be worthwhile to attempt to get to the nbc studios in the morning tomo to see if they give away any standby tickets for the sunday taping?
Does anyone know the reason for 2 tapings?
:hmm:

All of the stuff I've seen and read about the Tonight Show. I have a few thoughts.

1. It's the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Not the Tonight Show with U2.
  2. As for the U2.com seat lottery, it isn't like they are filling the theater with U2 fans - only. There are other guest on the show that night.
  3. Earlier in the week Bono said that the "Oscars would be the only time fans will have the chance to see the song performed live, specifically stating that this will be the “only band performance of the song. Yesterday on CNN he said that "they'd being playing 'Ordinary Love' acoustically". First quote was about the Oscars/Second from CNN. First quote said "only band performance". So that seems to mean that the whole band isn't playing it at The Tonight Show.

U2 are not the only guest on the show. So will they play more than one song? Uncertain. But if they are playing only one song, per Bono that would be 'Ordinary Love' acoustically.

That leads one to consider it might be just Bono and Edge, if that is the only song played. Because the whole band could play acoustically... yet he said the only band performance would the the Oscars.

I guess we will know soon enough.

Prediction? B&E playing 'Ordinary Love' and if interviewed, hearing the same quotes about Mandela and the movie that we've heard. And if the album a ned Invisible are mentioned, I suspect the same comments, references to Can, Neu! and Kraftwerk and that the album will be done when it's done sort of talk.

For those that complained about why only NY fans got emails to enter for the show. Don't take it personal. If you live in Topeka, there is a good chance you wouldn't be able to make the show! And if you had the money to do so, there is a good chance the weather would not allow it. They simply wanted to offer / lottery the tickets to those who would have the best chance to actually show up.

So has anyone heard back from U2.com about the lottery? They made it sound like we would only be contacted if we got selected, but wouldn't it be fairly likely that at least one person on here would get in and post about it?

All of the stuff I've seen and read about the Tonight Show. I have a few thoughts.

1. It's the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Not the Tonight Show with U2.
  2. As for the U2.com seat lottery, it isn't like they are filling the theater with U2 fans - only. There are other guest on the show that night.
  3. Earlier in the week Bono said that the "Oscars would be the only time fans will have the chance to see the song performed live, specifically stating that this will be the “only band performance of the song. Yesterday on CNN he said that "they'd being playing 'Ordinary Love' acoustically". First quote was about the Oscars/Second from CNN. First quote said "only band performance". So that seems to mean that the whole band isn't playing it at The Tonight Show.

U2 are not the only guest on the show. So will they play more than one song? Uncertain. But if they are playing only one song, per Bono that would be 'Ordinary Love' acoustically.

That leads one to consider it might be just Bono and Edge, if that is the only song played. Because the whole band could play acoustically... yet he said the only band performance would the the Oscars.

I guess we will know soon enough.

Prediction? B&E playing 'Ordinary Love' and if interviewed, hearing the same quotes about Mandela and the movie that we've heard. And if the album a ned Invisible are mentioned, I suspect the same comments, references to Can, Neu! and Kraftwerk and that the album will be done when it's done sort of talk.

For those that complained about why only NY fans got emails to enter for the show. Don't take it personal. If you live in Topeka, there is a good chance you wouldn't be able to make the show! And if you had the money to do so, there is a good chance the weather would not allow it. They simply wanted to offer / lottery the tickets to those who would have the best chance to actually show up.

100% yes on everything you've said except for one thing... the performance will be outdoors, not in the studio/theater.

And I still haven't heard of any fans winning. I know a large number of hardcore fans in the area due to both interference and my involvement with Unforgettable Fire... and nobody has won.

So either a handful of casual fans who happend to be U2.com members won, they haven't picked the winners yet, or U2.com fucked up.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

No, the announcement says U2, so it is not just Bono and Edge, it's the whole band performing, they are announced as "musical guests". I'm pretty sure they'll be doing more than one song, so chances are very good we'll get Ordinary Love and Invisible, the second one of course full band. For the Tonight show debut Fallon surely didn't invite Bono and Edge alone, but U2 as a band. The lineup of the whole first week seems to be spectacular, and having U2 on the show, especially after they haven't performed in public for so long (with the exception of the Haiti concert, but that was a little almost private thing), will be a spectacular way to kick of the new show, surely much more spectacular than having Bono and Edge alone.

I'm sure we'll also get a little interview, maybe with all the band members.

It always that they're going to do two songs for broadcast.

They likely have it set up for two nights because they want the best possible post sun down performances.

I would venture to guess the band will play a few songs for the audience before the actual taping.

breakingbad-ani1_500.gif

The musical guest is "U2." It will be full band Invisible. Acoustic Ordinary Love. Take it to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom